Quick question

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
Hey all, the weather is going to be pretty nice the next couple of days and I was thinking about detailing the car. Problem is I don't have a garage or carport or any way to get the car in the shade. I have some Optimum Compound, Menzerna Micro Polish, RMG, and CMW.......can I use these products in the sun? I wanna say no, but I'm hoping the answer is yes.

Thanks

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
I've detailed in parking garages and under bank car ports after hours!

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
get a popup tent for 100.00 from a local car parts place like pepboy's

That is a good idea. We just had a big 40+ year old tree come crashing down during a big storm. Needless to say, we lost all of our nice cool shade. :( This tent thing is going to be the only way I can even get close to maybe washing my 2 black cars during the hot ass summer... :coolman:

mystic04

Established Member
Pepboys has a few different sizes you can get . take a look at i belive at the 10x20 tent it's longer and keeps the car in the shade the whole time the smaller ons you going to have to move it around to keep shade.You can also get sides for either one that attach.

Scott P

Established Member
A pop up tent is a good idea. The problem with some of them is that it takes two people to put them up. This is especially true with the 20'x10' models. Working in shade is preferred. Otherwise, look towards sun safe products like Poorboy's World and do small areas at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread