quick questions about part fitment

quik6

SVT powered at last
Established Member
Hey guys, I've got a friend who'll sell me a billetflow IRS brace, maximum motorsports 03 cobra 4 point k member brace, and maximum motorsports 03 strut tower brace for 165.

My question is will the 03 k-member and strut tower brace fit an 01 cobra convertible? Will the strut tower brace hit my hood or do you think there'll be enough clearance?

Thanks for the help.

Also, rather than starting a new thread, I just got an x-cal 2 brand new. Its totally blank, what do I need to do to change my gear ratios? Right now, it won't let me change any of the settings. A tuner told me I had to order a tune from him before I could change any settings on my own. For some reason, I feel theres got to be a way around that considering I only really need to change my gears right now. Please help me out.

Last edited:

K2AHollywood

Established Member
Hey guys, I've got a friend who'll sell me a billetflow IRS brace, maximum motorsports 03 cobra 4 point k member brace, and maximum motorsports 03 strut tower brace for 165.

My question is will the 03 k-member and strut tower brace fit an 01 cobra convertible? Will the strut tower brace hit my hood or do you think there'll be enough clearance?

Thanks for the help.

Also, rather than starting a new thread, I just got an x-cal 2 brand new. Its totally blank, what do I need to do to change my gear ratios? Right now, it won't let me change any of the settings. A tuner told me I had to order a tune from him before I could change any settings on my own. For some reason, I feel theres got to be a way around that considering I only really need to change my gears right now. Please help me out.

I think the 03 strut would clear the hood but I dont think it works because the strut towers are different widths between the 03-04 and 99-01s but someone correct me on that. As for the tune, need to have one made for ya

quik6

SVT powered at last
Established Member
Thanks for the quick reply, I appreciate it. That sucks about the tune, oh well, its only 50 bucks.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
buy it anyway and sell the strut and k member brace on here. That's about full price for the irs brace. You'd still come out with a great deal. Probably even make money!

01vert

Established Member
K brace is a better version of the vert brace you have on there from the factory and should fit.

The STB will fit but, I believe, hit the hood as it is made to clear the eaton.

Towers are same width.

quik6

SVT powered at last
Established Member
buy it anyway and sell the strut and k member brace on here. That's about full price for the irs brace. You'd still come out with a great deal. Probably even make money!

K brace is a better version of the vert brace you have on there from the factory and should fit.

The STB will fit but, I believe, hit the hood as it is made to clear the eaton.

Towers are same width.

Awesome, thanks for the help. Yeah, I knew it was a great deal. He's really hooking me up.
Thanks for all the help guys.

DuffManRHA

The cake is not a lie.
Established Member
is it just the SF xcals that you can change stuff on your own? I know on mine you can do MAF, spark 0-2000, 2000-4000, 4000-8000, fan turn on/off, gears, reve limiter, speedo limiter, etc. etc.

this is to everyone - do the k-member braces really do anything?

Eric

Users who are viewing this thread