• Triple Hook

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Terminated03

Established Member
I have been doing a lot of research on this lately and it seems to be about 40% go with the Steeda Quick Release quadrant and 60% go with a hook-type quadrant. Im trying to figure out which one is more popular before I order up the wrong one.

Post up any pros or cons.

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
I got a triple hook and its fine. I use the second hook. I dont see the point in a triple hook as the first one is too much slack and the 3rd is too tight.

I kinda miss my stock one. I liked being able to adjust it on the fly with the tip of my foot.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Go with the quick release and keep the stock cable.

Steeda came out with the double hook to go along with an adjustable cable. Adjustable cables are poor quality and don't last as long as a stock cable.

UPR came out with a triple design so Steeda wouldn't sue them for their patent on their double hook design. The third hook is useless and is only there to get around the patent.

bubblehead93

Established Member
i need to go back through my notes or just climb under the dash - for those of you running an adjustable height clutch pedal it can be challenging to find a quadrant that allows you to set the clutch pedal down near the brake pedal height without having to push the clutch to floor everytime to shift. I bought one of about every variety (quick release, double hook, triple hook, etc) trying to find one which generates the most linear movement at the clutch for the least amount of rotation of the quadrant. i think i have a quick release installed, but i need to check.

Terminated03

Established Member
i need to go back through my notes or just climb under the dash - for those of you running an adjustable height clutch pedal it can be challenging to find a quadrant that allows you to set the clutch pedal down near the brake pedal height without having to push the clutch to floor everytime to shift. I bought one of about every variety (quick release, double hook, triple hook, etc) trying to find one which generates the most linear movement at the clutch for the least amount of rotation of the quadrant. i think i have a quick release installed, but i need to check.

Id be interested to see which one it is. Im trying to avoid buying all of them before I find the best.

i8urSS

Established Member
i'm running the quick release with no complaints. i dont have anything to compare it to tho. i just know it feels alot cleaner than the stock plastic. you probably cant go wrong either way. i'm running the fiore firewall adjuster too so i didnt see the need for the hooks.

monX

Established Member
i'm running the quick release with no complaints. i dont have anything to compare it to tho. i just know it feels alot cleaner than the stock plastic. you probably cant go wrong either way. i'm running the fiore firewall adjuster too so i didnt see the need for the hooks.

Same story here.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Does the Steeda come with shims for the quadrant? I'm currently running the Fiore but had to center it with a bunch of metal washers that go rattle rattle rattle. :nonono:

Terminated03

Established Member
Does the Steeda come with shims for the quadrant? I'm currently running the Fiore but had to center it with a bunch of metal washers that go rattle rattle rattle. :nonono:

I decided to go with the Steeda Quick Release (which isnt red anymore, its just bare metal). It came with 1 plastic washer and one spacer which was the equivalent of about a 1/2 long pipe. I still used the washers to make it ultra tight.

One thing I noticed is that there didnt seems to be anything for spacing the the top hook (non-pivot hook). I put washers in there also even though it seemed like it didnt need them; rather safe than sorry. I just about drove myself nuts making sure sure the quadrant was in line with the cable.

btw, I went from a completely stock setup to MGW shifter, Steeda quick release quadrant, Fiore firewall adjuster, LDC freeplay mod, and Royal Purple Synchromax. Needless to say, I am very happy with the new setup. :beer:

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
I decided to go with the Steeda Quick Release (which isnt red anymore, its just bare metal). It came with 1 plastic washer and one spacer which was the equivalent of about a 1/2 long pipe. I still used the washers to make it ultra tight.

One thing I noticed is that there didnt seems to be anything for spacing the the top hook (non-pivot hook). I put washers in there also even though it seemed like it didnt need them; rather safe than sorry. I just about drove myself nuts making sure sure the quadrant was in line with the cable.

btw, I went from a completely stock setup to MGW shifter, Steeda quick release quadrant, Fiore firewall adjuster, LDC freeplay mod, and Royal Purple Synchromax. Needless to say, I am very happy with the new setup. :beer:

X1 I have the same trans mod. Plus anitvenom mod it shifts 100 x better at wot and cruising

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen

Users who are viewing this thread