quick run in with a z06

wicked96gt

Established Member
Well had my first run in with a c6z06 today. We did to quick 40-95 rolls and each time we stayed even until I shifted to 3rd then I would keep my front bumper at his back bumper until we shut it down. Got to talk to the guy real quick and he said his car wasn't stock. I tried to ask what he had done and he just replied with "I have some tricks" haha. But he was a cool guy and we went out separate ways.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
What do you trap in the 1/4 op?

Mods?

On tapatalk cant see it. Nice death love the Z's

wicked96gt

Established Member
Good runs i bet the more speed you got up to. The more he would begin to pull.

Yea I wanted to run more but the highway didn't have enough straights.

What do you trap in the 1/4 op?

Mods?

On tapatalk cant see it. Nice death love the Z's

My best trap is 123. Usually around 121 though. Paxton Novi 2k on a Built 2v, cams, heads, full exhaust, 3.73s, upper and lower control arms, qa1 adjustable shocks. Making 498rwhp.

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
Badass, bet he wasn't expecting that from a 2v Bullitt lol.

wicked96gt

Established Member

Chance42

Established Member
Good runs, probably a basic h/c/I setup which is no easy task to go up against.

That setup is a minimum of around 550 rwhp and upwards of 600 rwhp depending on how much the heads are milled, size of cam, and how good the tuner is.

More like a basic bolt on car pushing probably around 490-500 rwhp. Depending on the year it could weigh as little as 3140ish (2006), or as much as 3210ish(2013). I forget the exact numbers, the spread is somewhere around that. My 09 was 3180 stock curb weight... I added a little weight to mine though :rockon:

Good run no doubt though.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
I highly doubt it had those mods. Probably bolt ons at most.

Good Try OP

That setup is a minimum of around 550 rwhp and upwards of 600 rwhp depending on how much the heads are milled, size of cam, and how good the tuner is.

More like a basic bolt on car pushing probably around 490-500 rwhp. Depending on the year it could weigh as little as 3140ish (2006), or as much as 3210ish(2013). I forget the exact numbers, the spread is somewhere around that. My 09 was 3180 stock curb weight... I added a little weight to mine though :rockon:

Good run no doubt though.

Isn't a bullitt 35xx or so with 500 whp and only ran from 40 to 95 which is barely one gear. If it was a clean 40-140 we would have a better idea but all the Z's I've ran don't get scary til 100+ that's what I'm basing it on.

wicked96gt

Established Member
Isn't a bullitt 35xx or so with 500 whp and only ran from 40 to 95 which is barely one gear. If it was a clean 40-140 we would have a better idea but all the Z's I've ran don't get scary til 100+ that's what I'm basing it on.

My car weighed 3500 with me in it before I added the supercharger and intercooler. That put the car at 3300 with out my 200lb self in it. I would say the car alone now weighs 3350 at most.

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Good runs, probably a basic h/c/I setup which is no easy task to go up against.

LoL... You kidding right?

Not even close.

I highly doubt it had those mods. Probably bolt ons at most.

Good Try OP

Definitely not, Not going up agaisnt OP's car trapping "121-123".

Sounds like a stock or maybe intake/ muffler mod one.

Ha yea I think I surprised him a bit.

Yes Ive been to Benson. It was probably me.

Yea full bolt ons is more of what I was thinking.

Im sure you did surprise him.

I wouldnt say bolt ons, more like a intake/mufflers mod type car at most.

Still a great opponent and great race.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
My best trap is 123. Usually around 121 though. Paxton Novi 2k on a Built 2v, cams, heads, full exhaust, 3.73s, upper and lower control arms, qa1 adjustable shocks. Making 498rwhp.

NICE haha maybe you'll be the better car next time if you add more boost? who knows though.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
LoL... You kidding right?

Not even close.

Definitely not, Not going up agaisnt OP's car trapping "121-123".

Sounds like a stock or maybe intake/ muffler mod one.

Im sure you did surprise him.

I wouldnt say bolt ons, more like a intake/mufflers mod type car at most.

Still a great opponent and great race.
A lot of stock C6Z's ive seen are pulling mid 120's, to pull a car in such a short fast race MIGHT be believeable.

Chance42

Established Member

Depends on the driver, and the conditions for traction. 1st gear goes to 61 in a z06, 2nd to around 90, 3rd to about 127. So it could have been a 3 gear run for the z06, but most likely he started in 2nd, which is probably why the run was closer at first, until the z06 got into the higher rpms. 2nd gear at 40 is something like 2800-3k rpms for the z06, they go to 7k (well 7.2k if you want to push it to the rev limiter).

I agree though, my z06 gets straight nasty in 3rd/4th gear. The reason is our first gear is pretty damn long vs most vehicles... no gas guzzler tax lifestyle lol. 2nd pulls pretty decent though... and like I said 3rd/4th... straight nasty.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
A lot of stock C6Z's ive seen are pulling mid 120's, to pull a car in such a short fast race MIGHT be believeable.

You are completely right, i just totally owned myself with reading comprehension. I missed the part where OP states the race was "40-95". Makes total sense now.

<<<<< :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread