Quick Steeda Review

sharptech

Established Member
Hey guys after much research I have decided to go with a Steeda intake and Steeda tune on my 14 gt. All I really have is gt500 axlebacks and the intake, all I have to say is WOW! muuuuuuch better throttle response, and shift firmness. Power feels little better as well. The intake sounds absolutely pissed off at WOT. I was very impressed with the construction of the intake and heat shield too. Service has been top notch as well. :rockon: I do have a couple questions though, Those of you with a Steeda tune, Does Steeda take datalogs if I want a little better shift firmness, little more power up top etc..? Also I only have a 91oct tune now, but plan on putting in my ORX pipe soon. Will Steeda do a ghost cam for free or do they still charge even though it's tunes for life? Thanks guys in advance!

Last edited:

sharptech

Established Member
That's depressing. I read they did, but I assumed they would for the 14s. Guess that's why assumptions are the mother of all fu$@ ups.

sharptech

Established Member
Hmmm. Yet other tuners do them for the 13 and 14. I wonder why steeda hasn't:??: maybe steeda can chime in

twistedneck

Established Member
I like the Steeda intake a lot (cai).. for a canned tune i'm sure its excellent. How many times will they work to optimize based on your logging with the sct?

sharptech

Established Member
I like the Steeda intake a lot (cai).. for a canned tune i'm sure its excellent. How many times will they work to optimize based on your logging with the sct?

That's what I'm trying to figure out. It feels great, but maybe a little more pull up top would help. Few degrees of timing or so. But would like to maybe send them a log to see if there is anything that can be improved on.

Coyote5o

Established Member
I've sent 2-3 datalogs back to steeda for review - i wanted a few things adjusted a bit and they complied without question. They don't make ghost tunes for the 13-14's because they did not have enough customer request for them and the development time was not worth the payoff. I've gotten 4 different tunes from Steeda with zero hassle or complaints.

sharptech

Established Member
I've sent 2-3 datalogs back to steeda for review - i wanted a few things adjusted a bit and they complied without question. They don't make ghost tunes for the 13-14's because they did not have enough customer request for them and the development time was not worth the payoff. I've gotten 4 different tunes from Steeda with zero hassle or complaints.

This was the answer I was looking for.:thumbsup: What all did you have adjusted? And do you just email them? Or is there a specific person you need to PM?

Coyote5o

Established Member
I requested a tune with stock intake, JLT intake, modified tune for JLT intake, and most recently received a tune for JLT intake + Cat deletes. I asked for a modified tune because i felt like it was hesitating a bit below 2500rpm. Nothing major (and in reality, it may have done this with the stock intake/tune), i just wanted to see if there was a way we could minimize it. Once above 3k rpm, the car pulls hard. Made me wonder if maybe the mythical "torque management" system was kicking in. Unfortunately I have not been able to install the cat deletes yet, so I haven't been able to try the newest tune.

I contact [email protected] for all of my questions/revisions. He seems to be great to work with. I am sure you could send a general email to steeda and they will get you to the right person as well.

Last edited:

sharptech

Established Member
I requested a tune with stock intake, JLT intake, modified tune for JLT intake, and most recently received a tune for JLT intake + Cat deletes. I asked for a modified tune because i felt like it was hesitating a bit below 2500rpm. Nothing major (and in reality, it may have done this with the stock intake/tune), i just wanted to see if there was a way we could minimize it. Once above 3k rpm, the car pulls hard. Made me wonder if maybe the mythical "torque management" system was kicking in. Unfortunately I have not been able to install the cat deletes yet, so I haven't been able to try the newest tune.

I contact [email protected] for all of my questions/revisions. He seems to be great to work with. I am sure you could send a general email to steeda and they will get you to the right person as well.

Thanks buddy!

Just sent Matt an email. Hopefully I hear from him soon. Just curious are you able to log knock? I do not even have the PID for it.

sharptech

Established Member
Yeah there's one in the sct program. I believe it's just called knock sensor

I have been playing around with this and was able to find it on the PID list but I cannot log knock with my x4 without the laptop. Is there a way to change what I log with just the X4? Thanks guys I'm coming from HPtuners with my old vette and this sct stuff is still new to me.

tj@steeda

Established Member
Yes,

We do datalogs for tunes ... you emailed the correct man, Matt H. It could take up to several days for the re-tune to be send depending on the Tunes in front of you.

It was an internal decision to stop doing the Ghost Cam Tunes.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance ... you can reach me at [email protected].

Best Regards,

TJ

sharptech

Established Member
Yes,

We do datalogs for tunes ... you emailed the correct man, Matt H. It could take up to several days for the re-tune to be send depending on the Tunes in front of you.

It was an internal decision to stop doing the Ghost Cam Tunes.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance ... you can reach me at [email protected].

Best Regards,

TJ

So even if I begged an pleaded no ghost cam?:beer:

Last edited:

99arboC

Established Member
Thanks for the info!
I ordered a X4 and steeda tune last night can't wait to get it. Shipping to Germany suck be about two week before I get it.

sharptech

Established Member
Thanks for the info!
I ordered a X4 and steeda tune last night can't wait to get it. Shipping to Germany suck be about two week before I get it.

It will be worth the wait. The intake sound alone is awesome:beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread