Quick ?

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
I'm probably getting my L back this tuesday. My ? is, do you guys think I should upgrade my blower with the JDM whipple racer kit, or stick with my Magnum Powers? This will be a DD, and I would have to sell off some parts. Thanks guys n gals.
Tom :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

AKA Ron's Bolt!
Established Member
CHUXSVT said:
of course upgrade, if you got the cash. i would.

+1 :thumbsup:

My truck is a DD. I've modded it to the extent of running out of things to do other than Built motor.
I'm currently running the best of 12.20 in crappy-ass weather. 11's are destine to come. ;-)

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
I was thinking kb, because I wouldnt have to sell my c+l, powertube, etc. Cost effective mod. My quest for that 93 oct, 10 sec slip continues.
Hey Chuck your mod list is longer! lol. Hows the L?

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
QUIK BRIK said:
I was thinking kb, because I wouldnt have to sell my c+l, powertube, etc. Cost effective mod. My quest for that 93 oct, 10 sec slip continues.
Hey Chuck your mod list is longer! lol. Hows the L?
it should be done in 3 weeks. finally. i cant wait to hear it. :rockon: it has not been moved in 3 months. :(

Last edited:

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
Thanks for the input guys. I know I can get a solid 580 with the MP, but could probably get 40 more with the KB. Just wish the whipple wasnt rear inlet...

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
CHUXSVT said:
it should be done in 3 weeks. finally. i cant wait to hear it. :rockon: it has not been moved in 3 months. :(
Cant wait for mine either. Got that 1500 mile break-in, gotta go easy for a while. My final pull is on Monday and its gonna be in the 90s. Damn! :fm:

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
ra1nmakr said:
i am still waiting to see what the KB 2.6 is going to put out before i make my descision on new blower.
True. Also rear inlet. You also have to give it some time to get its issues sorted out. Lately blowers have been having issues. Whipple, K.B. (past), Stieg, etc.

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
Fade 2 Black said:
My next money will be on the 2.6. Capable of supporting 900 hp and will eclipse the Whipple.
900... now thats a street truck! lmao. How much do you think on 93 Bob? I know the octane limits, but do you think ~ 650? More? :fm: :burnout:

lighninquick

Banned
QUIK BRIK said:
900... now thats a street truck! lmao. How much do you think on 93 Bob? I know the octane limits, but do you think ~ 650? More? :fm: :burnout:

lol,,, if mine was a daily driver i would have left the magnum on it,,,,i now have a whipple,,,and it eclipses all the kb at the track :D

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
lightninquick said:
lol,,, if mine was a daily driver i would have left the magnum on it,,,,i now have a whipple,,,and it eclipses all the kb at the track :D
Do you street drive it with the Whipple? How much do you make on your street side? Did the whipple make that much of a difference? Im sorry for all the questions. I want as much "reliable" hp as I can get. Thanks. :beer:

lighninquick

Banned
im not sure about the hp,,havent been on a dyno in years,,,,,but id say its alot,,,,

i just dont think twin screws are very good for daily drivers,,they get HOT,,,lol

if you are gonna run 20lbs of boost with the magnum you could also run 14 to 16 degrees of timing on pump gas,,with a twin screw you better run about 9 degrees of timing at 20lbs of boost and 91 octane

all things considered if its a daily driver and you drive it hard,,,and we should :-D i think we are better off with a roots style blower,,,,the magnum is the best roots style blower

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
Thanks. Thats probably what i'll run, 8lb lower with 14-16 degrees. Bout 19lbs of boost. Do you think that will get me a 10sec timeslip in street trim? Thanks again for all the good advice.

Thunder Bolt

AKA Ron's Bolt!
Established Member
QUIK BRIK said:
Thanks. Thats probably what i'll run, 8lb lower with 14-16 degrees. Bout 19lbs of boost. Do you think that will get me a 10sec timeslip in street trim? Thanks again for all the good advice.

You're just getting goofy unless your built.

lighninquick

Banned
QUIK BRIK said:
nope,,,,,unless you are running at a track that is similar to a mine shaft in DA

true street trim????? nobody runs 10's,,,,unless they have a difrent definiton of street trim.

if you are gonna run 91 octane only,,,,then you wont run a 10,,,johnny lightning might be able to run a 10 with 91 octane only,,,,,but it is just to risky to push your truck that hard on street gas only

there is a few guys running 91 with a methanol nitromethane blend,,,,but thats a whole other bag of chit to deal with

Users who are viewing this thread