Quicky about wheel math and programming SCT

old_goat

Established Member
OK, I've decided to go with the Nitto NT05R 275/40/17 on a 9" rim for an occasional trip to the track. Car is 2013 auto with 3.15 gears, and stock 235/50/18 Pirelli.

According to the calculator my revs. per mile is 785.93. I'm just guessing, but isn't this the number you plug into a SCT hand held tuner?

Right now I only have the FRPP tuner and there is no options for wheel/tire sizes, and I remember talking to someone and they told me I would have to plug in some numbers or some options on the SCT. I think it's revs per mile, but I'm not 100% sure.

Also, would this tire/wheel combo keep me in the optimal gear when hitting the traps, or would I shift right before the traps? I think I'm shifting about 100' before the traps, and I want to keep the car in the lower gear without shifting right before the end.

Thanks in advance.

cuslo1

Established Member
The frrp procal allows you to change the tire and gear sizes as well and yes that's the number you put in the sct and the procal if I'm correct I have both tuners

old_goat

Established Member
The frrp procal allows you to change the tire and gear sizes as well and yes that's the number you put in the sct and the procal if I'm correct I have both tuners

Good point. Since I'm bone stock except for the FRPP tuner and Steeda LCA's I never checked out those options. The only option I've changed is some sort of option for fuel or something like that for pinging.

clean92lx

Established Member
Good point. Since I'm bone stock except for the FRPP tuner and Steeda LCA's I never checked out those options. The only option I've changed is some sort of option for fuel or something like that for pinging.
Hey hows the car running? have you bested your 12.7x yet, Im the younger guy in the Silver 13'GT/CS that was talking to you awhile ago at Royal Purple Raceway.

old_goat

Established Member
Hey hows the car running? have you bested your 12.7x yet, Im the younger guy in the Silver 13'GT/CS that was talking to you awhile ago at Royal Purple Raceway.

Yea, I'm in the 12.6's right now.

Unless we have another good cold front come through, I'm done until I get some mods to have fun with.

Today I ordered two 17 x 9 rims and two 275/40/17 Nitto NT05R drag radials. Some will disagree with me, but that's OK. I've always been able to hook with Nitto's and the tires are reasonable priced when you get 17's. Also the weight differential between the rims I ordered and 15 x 8 Race Stars was only about 6 pounds.

Black 10th Anniversary Style Wheels (2010-2014) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

NITTO Extreme Performance NT05R Mustang Drag Radial (275/40-17) 207500 - Free Shipping!

I also ordered a JEGS off road cat delete pipes.

JEGS Performance Products 30580 JEGS 2011-Up Mustang GT Exhaust

Over the next week or so, I will decide what tune to order. Right now I'm thinking Steeda or AED. I need to call Shaun and see what the cost is for the hand held tuner and his tune. I think the Steeda is between 360 and 390. I just needed to decide what mods to buy before I ordered a tune.

I'm not going the 'cold' air intake route, as I just don't think you get that much bang over the OEM intakes for the money spent.

Maybe we can hook up at the track one night and swap information on mods.

clean92lx

Established Member
Yea, I'm in the 12.6's right now.

Unless we have another good cold front come through, I'm done until I get some mods to have fun with.

Today I ordered two 17 x 9 rims and two 275/40/17 Nitto NT05R drag radials. Some will disagree with me, but that's OK. I've always been able to hook with Nitto's and the tires are reasonable priced when you get 17's. Also the weight differential between the rims I ordered and 15 x 8 Race Stars was only about 6 pounds.

Black 10th Anniversary Style Wheels (2010-2014) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

NITTO Extreme Performance NT05R Mustang Drag Radial (275/40-17) 207500 - Free Shipping!

I also ordered a JEGS off road cat delete pipes.

JEGS Performance Products 30580 JEGS 2011-Up Mustang GT Exhaust

Over the next week or so, I will decide what tune to order. Right now I'm thinking Steeda or AED. I need to call Shaun and see what the cost is for the hand held tuner and his tune. I think the Steeda is between 360 and 390. I just needed to decide what mods to buy before I ordered a tune.

I'm not going the 'cold' air intake route, as I just don't think you get that much bang over the OEM intakes for the money spent.

Maybe we can hook up at the track one night and swap information on mods.
Nice time. And, NT05R's are no joke, I have a buddy with a C6 Z06 cam intake manifold full exhaust and 200 shot that runs thoses tires and he has no problem with them. My car isnt tuned yet,still stock actually but, Ive heard enough good things about AED that there is no question thats who will be tuning my car FWIW.

Last edited:

four28

Established Member
I have A Similar Setup With 275 F And 315 R On 17S. Mine Are The Regular Nt05. I Think The Revs Per Mile Should Be 805 To 815 Range.

Users who are viewing this thread