quietest exhaust, not magnaflow

fastsnake99

top down, chrome spinnin'
Established Member
ok my dad has a 04 lightning with magnaflows on it and its too loud of a drone when hes crusing and wants something quieter, what would you recmend not looking to spend alot such as the borla system.. im not sure what it would be i have mags on my cobra and love them but any help please

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
go back to stock... exhaust doesnt give any performance anyways unless your making big power... so if he dont like the loud sound i would put the stock back on.

zx12guy

Established Member
ford2001svt said:
go back to stock... exhaust doesnt give any performance anyways unless your making big power... so if he dont like the loud sound i would put the stock back on.

I'm with him, only reason I'm getting a catback is for clearance purposes.

ShaneN.

Established Member
fastsnake99 said:
not looking to spend alot such as the borla system

i'm with them, the stock exhaust is just as free flowing as any aftermarket one. and i'm pretty sure the borla is the cheapest of all the catbacks :shrug:

camcojb

Established Member
I also would recommend going back to stock. The only one that was quieter and no drone in the cab was the Bassani, and I've had both the Magnaflow and Bassani as well as stock. Unfortunately the Bassani is not the cheapest, but I love mine.

Jody

Thunder Bolt

AKA Ron's Bolt!
Established Member
fastsnake99 said:
ok my dad has a 04 lightning with magnaflows on it and its too loud of a drone when hes crusing and wants something quieter, what would you recmend not looking to spend alot such as the borla system.. im not sure what it would be i have mags on my cobra and love them but any help please
Your father must be running the 4" bullets. I heard they were loud.

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
IF you want a nice quiet tone alittle nicer than stock with no drone go with the NEW flowmaster Force II. If you are looking for something alittle nicer and more expensive go with Borla. I have had both and they are nice kits...the flowmaster is cheap and quiet and its improved from the older version.

Jesse

camcojb

Established Member
Mr Nutt said:
Why would anyone want a quiet L

Because it's annoying as hell to some people to drive 20K miles a year with the cabin drone some of these systems have. I want fast, but not necessarily loud.

Jody

fastsnake99

top down, chrome spinnin'
Established Member
ya thanks for all the info,.. he drives it everyday on the freeway and crusing it just has too much of a drone and resinates too much.. blue oval ill be getting back to you soon on that hes thinkin bout it.. thanks all !

shaun

klrsvt

KB Blown
Established Member
I want as loud as it can get, not only does it intimidate the competion, they go deaf as you go bye. Mine sound like a fricken monster trying to get out of a big box lol.

EvergreenSVT

Established Member
camcojb said:
Because it's annoying as hell to some people to drive 20K miles a year with the cabin drone some of these systems have. I want fast, but not necessarily loud.

Jody

I drove 18k miles in 6 months with some incredibly loud series 50 Flowmasters, hi flows and Edelbrock shorty headers. Very nice. The only time it was a problem was when it idled at 700 rpm (buzzed in my ears) or when I tried to drive home without being noticed in the driveway.

built93cobra

BIG GIB
Established Member
I just put my Bassani Bx series catback on tonight, and it sounds great. It has a deap tone, but it's not really loud, and with the windows up you really can't tell there is exhaust on it. Worth the $430 I paid for it!

Users who are viewing this thread