Quotes for Xpel and Avery clear bra

Breitling

Established Member
A local detailer/accessory shop gave me the following quotes today to for clear bra:

$750 - Avery
$825 - Xpel

This is for the front end and about 18-24" up the hood and fenders. They will cut around the stripes too.

To do the rockers, he quoted me:

$350 - Avery
$385 - Xpel

So, to do the front end and rockers it's $1,100 for Avery and $1,210 for Xpel.

A few questions:

1) Is this decent pricing?
2) Any pros or cons to either brand?

He did mention that they would wash the part of the car with a special cleaner where the clear bar will be installed to remove all of the claying, polishing and waxing that I just finished. :( He said that they have to do that so that the clear film will adhere properly and have no bubbles.

Thanks in advance for your input.

BITDIFFERENTSVT

Established Member
I paid $1,700 to have expel ultimate put on the entire front bumper, painted lower front splitter, the entire hood, entire front fenders, and entire lower rockers (excluding stripes of course)
He did not clean the area before hand and I had it done at my work (indoors, but its a dealership service area) which did have some flying debrees which with such larges sheets of expel made it less than perfect

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
Hi,

Got Xpel down for $650 from an authorized installer here in Miami, Full Bumper, Fogs and Headlights, Grill, 1/4 of the hood and fenders, Sideview mirrors and the rear quarter panels (small piece). This is my second car with the guy. Ohh and my guy clayed the area where he applied the Xpel.

Regards,

Manuel

Last edited:

victorc

Established Member
Hi Got Xpel down for $650 from an authorized installer here in Miami, Full Bumper, Fogs and Headlights, Grill, 1/4 of the hood and fenders, Sideview mirrors and the rear quarter panels (small piece). This is my second car with the guy. Ohh and my guy clayed the area where he applied the Xpel.

Regards,

Manuel

Hi, I'm in Miami a lot. Who did your install?

I heard it has to be removed within a few year's time. Is that true?

Thanks

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
Hi, I'm in Miami a lot. Who did your install?

I heard it has to be removed within a few year's time. Is that true?

Thanks

Abe from Toughfilm +1 (786) 210-3843 he goes to you.

Not true, well it depends on the quality and the grade of the material. Had it on my Boss 302 for almost 2yrs and no issues...actually it still has it on.

Manuel

Users who are viewing this thread