R meet pics from RA finally up........

Andy M

Established Member
Those are some great pics! I only wish I could have been there? oh well... maybe next year?! I hope??

Question for you '00 R guys? Is there a reason you were running the course without the air splitter on the car???

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by Andy M

Question for you '00 R guys? Is there a reason you were running the course without the air splitter on the car???

Andy,
Nobody that I have ever talked to has ever noticed any difference from running with the splitter. With the speeds you hit there, you will get the vibration there is the front fascia isn't supported well enough.

I believe Joe ran a session with his on, maybe he could give us his thoughts.

kevin

Originally posted by Andy M
I know Joe has had his front fascia reinforced at Kenny B's place...so hopefully his does not vibrate and shake??

i ran without mine cause it wasn't needed. i don't know what my top speed was but the splitter only works for rreally high speeds. i know i hit 130 at the start finish line and kept accelerating well beyond that (i don't look at the speedo coming up to a turn). the splitter WILL slow you down on the shorter stuff cause it cathes so much wind. i'v driven 150 to 170 at ppir and the splitter does help a lot.

i talked to joe. his splitter kept popping out where the black metal tabs insert into the rubber pieces under the fascia (i've not experienced this problem yet) kenny is going to put pins in to hold them in place. i'll check it out at scat. the only other time i use my splitter is when the track speed i gat isn't really hurt by the thing. people like to see it on the car and so i do that when it doesn't hurt me on time.

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
great pics!

checking out those photos has been very inspiring, to say the least! I've never had my R out on a track, but hope to get to do it next year....being green to it all, I need some advice....think I'll start a new thread to get some 'professional' advice on the subject.... :D

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by kevin

i ran without mine cause it wasn't needed. i don't know what my top speed was but the splitter only works for rreally high speeds.

Yea, I think Kevin got up to 5mph on the drive over to the dealers tent that was performing the work on his car, not much downforce needed for that. :D Besides it's alot harder to slide jack stands under the car with the splitter on.:sh:

Last edited:

kevin

Originally posted by Cobra-R

Yea, I think Kevin got up to 5mph on the drive over to the dealers tent that was performing the work on his car, not much downforce needed for that. :D Besides it's alot harder to slide jack stands under the car with the splitter on.:sh:

ROFLMAOSSPCMEYOTO

hey, no fair. i was doing a wheelie test!!!!!!!:D

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by 00JSVT
Yes, I to decided to run with out my airspliter. I free ball. and have not much need for underwear. More breathing room, if you ask me.:D

Jay,
Now why did you have to tell us that??????:-?

ragansrcobra99

That R has a CLOCK?!?
Established Member
ok, i added some pics from the SCMC's road atlanta trip in march also. should have the rest of the RA pics on there by this weekend, i had to use up the rest of the film in the camera tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread