Race fuel

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Any. Leaded fuel will kill your O2 sensors if you run a bunch of it, but some every now and then is fine. Otherwise, you won’t gain any power just by using a different fuel - you’ll need a tune that can take advantage of the extended tuning window race gas provides.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

luker669

Established Member
Yes, I’m going to get a tune with it, just wanting some suggestions on which fuel to run

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I would make that decision based on what your tuner prefers and what is available locally. Shipping fuel gets really expensive.

pridemore54

Established Member
If E85 is easy to get where your from that's what I would go with personally. Relatively cheap, and great on the motor. Just be sure to test whichever station you plan on using every once in a while to make sure the quality is on par.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
If E85 is easy to get where your from that's what I would go with personally. Relatively cheap, and great on the motor. Just be sure to test whichever station you plan on using every once in a while to make sure the quality is on par.

E85 is good but not race fuel good. A 116 octane gas or E98 will give a larger tuning window and more consistency than pump E85.

avgt500

Established Member
I run boost+juice so I have to run a damn good octane, so I run VP unleaded extreme, but last month I couldn't find any so I ran 5 gallons of ms109 (oxygenated) to 10 gallons 93 and ran fine, I do NOT recommend running a 02 fuel tho, very corrosive.
When I just ran boost I added a can of torco to 1/2 a tank of 91, never a problem, raced at least twice a month for 2 years but I also have VMP tunes.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
race_gas_104_002.jpg

luker669

Established Member
Thx for the info, I ended up going with the gt+

KENS96M6

Established Member
That is great to know. No problems with O2 sensors at all? How many miles during those two years? Thanks

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
If you run some unleaded fuel through it in between leaded usage, it will clean the O2 sensors off. Prolonged leaded fuel usage will kill them.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I used to run tons of leaded 110 through my car, with some pump gas in between every now and then. Never had a single issue with O2 sensors.

railroad

Established Member
Why even considered leaded. Google VP and Sunoco race fuels, plenty of unleaded, non ethanal, non oxygenated, with many octane choices.
I ran Sunoco until my distributor quit, now I run VP, both great fuels.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Some guys have reported that one tank of leaded fuel impacted the performance of their O2 sensors. With unleaded so easily available, makes no sense to use.

When my local shop put in a buy for race gas, I tagged on and picked up some Ignite 114. Was the cheapest way.

KENS96M6

Established Member
Some guys have reported that one tank of leaded fuel impacted the performance of their O2 sensors. With unleaded so easily available, makes no sense to use.

When my local shop put in a buy for race gas, I tagged on and picked up some Ignite 114. Was the cheapest way.

It is just much easer for me to purchase leaded VP110. I can get it from the pump within 5 miles from the house. I would have to order the unleaded. So if I could get away with it, it would help.

Users who are viewing this thread