Race Star Industries 92 Drag Stars

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
Does anyone have the 15x8 size of these rims on the rear of their 94+ Cobra
WITH the Cobra rear brakes? I'd like to pick up a pair of these because of their claim of "no grinding of the caliper" for installation but haven't been able to verify that this is true for the 94+ Cobra rear brakes.
thanks

goat-ee

Established Member
Call them and ask, pretty common car, they could probably tell you. I know they aren't the same, but my 15 x 8 Weld Prostars required VERY minimal grinding on the rear calipers. Literally with just an 80 grit sanding disc in my little air powered die grinder it couldn't have been more than 5 minutes per side, if that!! But again a phone call would probably answer your question more directly!!

Last edited:

DamSkpE

B-Heads for LIFE!
Established Member
I did not know that the rear was a issue, alway thought it was the front that had clearnce issures on the 15inch wheels.

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
Call them and ask, pretty common car, they could probably tell you. I know they aren't the same, but my 15 x 8 Weld Prostars required VERY minimal grinding on the rear calipers. Literally with just an 80 grit sanding disc in my little air powered die grinder it couldn't have been more than 5 minutes per side, if that!! But again a phone call would probably answer your question more directly!!

I was actually going to give them a call yesterday to ask but then I found a pair of your 15x8 Weld Prostars on Craigslist for $125. I asked the guy if it would be cool for me test-fit them on my car and if they fit, I would buy them. $125 is better than $345 shipped lol........

LitleWhiteSnake

Yeah, Its a VTEC
Established Member
I have 15x8 pro stars in the back and no grinding at all..
I might be selling it to all four black pro stars with tires and spacers in the front. Pm if intrested

Users who are viewing this thread