Raced 780hp Supra

Evilcartman

Established Member
Originally posted by hmmmidunno
if u wanna be able to hang with supra top end wise u gotta get smaller rear end cause stock they have 2.82 makin em highway kings and stock new stangs are 3.55. so simple thing is that one of the only reason supras can beat a stang is from a role.

What is the transmission ratio like in a supra also? Plus, if you look at the supra's dyno sheet they have a high curve while our '03's have a pretty level line.

c0dy

I...Need...Speed
Established Member
yeh i know its not main reason but has alot to do with why they are highway whores
where else would you race it? :rollseyes if its a track car it needs track gears, it runs on the highway so it needs highway gearing... hmm

c0dy

I...Need...Speed
Established Member
i was just saying that if its mainly on the highway, why wouldnt it have highway gears =\

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
high curve is from the turbo building boost s/c build boost quicker and at low RPM giving u the straight line. also the peak line also has to do with if u nail it on the dyno or let speed build up untill ur in 4th and punch it and yeah i'll try to find tranny ratios for the supra's

JohnnyWash1

Established Member
high curve is from the turbo building boost s/c build boost quicker and at low RPM giving u the straight line. also the peak line also has to do with if u nail it on the dyno or let speed build up untill ur in 4th and punch it and yeah i'll try to find tranny ratios for the supra's

Um....no.

Jman20427

Die Rise
Established Member
Originally posted by Evilcartman
What is the transmission ratio like in a supra also? Plus, if you look at the supra's dyno sheet they have a high curve while our '03's have a pretty level line.

FIFTH gear is 1:1 :eek:

...at least thats what one of my buddies aid who owns a MK4 singled supra

Users who are viewing this thread