Raced a cammed GTO

Majck123

Established Member
This happened about a month ago so I'll just sum it up for you guys.

Went out cruising one Sunday night and a guy in his 6.0 GTO caught up to me. We went from a small roll after crossing an intersection right at the edge of town. And I pulled about a fender on him before we came up to a hard curve before a light so we pulled into the last gas station on the edge of town and swap mods lists and he tells me hes got full bolt ons, cammed, and hes running M/Ts. Then he asks if I went to have a few more runs outside of town so I go for it. We take 4 runs from 40 and he gets the hook on me everytime but I reeled him back in three out of four times. My second run I guess I got a wheel slip cause my traction control light came on and I let off. It was fun and he was a good guy about losing which is always nice.

P.S. I should let you guys know that this was a week after owning the car and I was still getting used to the Spec clutch and I didn't turn traction control off :bash:

Found his car on Craigslist a couple days later stating he was putting down 426rwhp.

ZLwhat?

Speed addict
Established Member
Nice kill! There will be plenty more when you figure out that pesky traction control.:-D

blkvenm97

Established Member
good kill man! I have been seeing a red ls2 gto running around here recently...not sure of mods but it has exhaust for sure. I passed by him the other day getting onto the interstate and he was going the other direction...I had the music up some but I think he gave me a lil rev right after he passed :) Ima have to throw in some 4.30s and get drag radials and run him from a dig where I hear those cars suck...might have a chance then :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread