Raced a fast benz....What the he!! was it?

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
I was on my way home and noticed an aggressive Benz in my rear-view mirror. He swerved around me; so of course like any other addict I nailed it. He punched it as well. The lanes opened up and I walked/creped past him. The funny thing is it looks like a 1990ish and it was a 4-door, plain Jane….? He pull up to me at the light and yelled “THAT WAS FUN!” He said it was a 5 liter, they didn’t make many of them, and it was mainly stock. It was a little bit slow than a new M3, but what was it?

[iSEPIC]

Damn Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
I ran a 2003 M3 about 10 times, each time, no contest. So I'm thinking maybe he had some juice or something else going on.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
You almost certainly encountered an E500. They were the E55 of their day (mid-90s), and I believe they ran right around 14.0 in the 1/4.

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
Originally posted by treynor
You almost certainly encountered an E500. They were the E55 of their day (mid-90s), and I believe they ran right around 14.0 in the 1/4.

It looked like a 92-3 E500. He got a huge jump, but it was still suprising. I think he had some stuff done to it though, as it pulled alot harder than a 96mph trapping car.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Originally posted by captain4g63
It looked like a 92-3 E500. He got a huge jump, but it was still suprising. I think he had some stuff done to it though, as it pulled alot harder than a 96mph trapping car.

Those things are geared for the Autobahn (top-end pull), so that might explain something.

QUIKAG

Established Member
Actually, it's a 500E, not E500, but whatever. :-D That's definitely what it sounded like. The motor was built by Porsche for Mercedes-Benz. Figure that one out. :D

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Zose craaaazy germans, zey mix unt match everzing dees daze. Next zing you know, Porsche will be buildink an SUV unt Mercedes will be buildink a sportz car!

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Dan - if it was a 500E and you were barely creeping past him - I would say you were definately in the wrong gear. at 70 MPH you should throw it in third - you will definately notice a difference.

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
Originally posted by DD2000GT
Dan - if it was a 500E and you were barely creeping past him - I would say you were definately in the wrong gear. at 70 MPH you should throw it in third - you will definately notice a difference.

I wasn't quite in the right gear, but given the numbers they run(96mph traps) I think he had a power adder.

Users who are viewing this thread