Raced a raptor...

01strimbullitt

BYAH!
Established Member
... Got smoked. /thread.

My truck is 03 hd f150. Thought it would be closer. Maybe he was modded cause it sounded like a trophy truck when he Punched it.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
A friend has the big boy raptor... seems to move out pretty damn well. It's a pretty cool truck..though i'm not sure he will find many places to actually use it.

SVeeT '03

Established Member
Everything I'm seeing has them around 15.0's stock.. is that right, admittedly I know nothing about 'em although they're cool.

I'll need my flame suit I'm sure, but that isn't that great.. In fact, it's kinda sad for something carrying a performance-persona.

Lightnings, SRT-10's, and hell even a plain ass 5.7 Tundra short-bed can run in the 13's... aren't 15's kinda weak? Considering (as I've understood, but openly admit I haven't read much about the raptor) it's supposed to be a performance truck? :shrug:

FourSixPony

SLO GT
Established Member
Everything I'm seeing has them around 15.0's stock.. is that right, admittedly I know nothing about 'em although they're cool.

I'll need my flame suit I'm sure, but that isn't that great.. In fact, it's kinda sad for something carrying a performance-persona.

Lightnings, SRT-10's, and hell even a plain ass 5.7 Tundra short-bed can run in the 13's... aren't 15's kinda weak? Considering (as I've understood, but openly admit I haven't read much about the raptor) it's supposed to be a performance truck? :shrug:

Isn't it mostly a off-roading truck not a straight line performance truck?

Satyr

Established Member
Isn't it mostly a off-roading truck not a straight line performance truck?

Yes, it was designed mainly for off-roading. Where it may not beat the aforementioned trucks in a straight line, it will most certainly lead the pack in most other tracks.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
yeah , thats for sure they had off road on their mind when they desgined this. I would like to see Ford stick the 6.2 in like a short bed F150...that woulkd be nice =) , I beleive your only able to get the 6.2L in the full four door F150 right?

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I saw some mid 14s @ almost 90mph from a couple places on the 6.2L raptors.

Here is a real owner post I found
60ft: 2.1330
330ft: 6.1650
1/8et: 9.5450
1/8mph: 72.94
1/4et: 14.9061
1/4mph: 90.72

Said he ran it in 4x4 mode as 2wd just spun the tires.

Either way...those things a meant for a much difference purpose than hitting the dragstrip...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2wuQmCsoyM"]YouTube - Svt raptor jumping[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWPM_ndJj0I"]YouTube - Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Desert Dune Bashing in Dubai[/nomedia]

Last edited:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
The Raptor isn't the truck you want for drag racing... to say it has weak 1320 for a performance truck is pretty short sighted. It's a purpose built off road monster that destroys the competition off the pavement. No one else comes close.

It's kind of like saying I took my C6Z mud bogging and it couldn't hold up to the competition.

trevkm7

Established Member
I have a big turbo jetta..and I saw a raptor the other day and passed him to see if i could get him to punch it but he didn't : ( theyre sick trucks I'd like to see one in action

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
The Raptor isn't the truck you want for drag racing... to say it has weak 1320 for a performance truck is pretty short sighted. It's a purpose built off road monster that destroys the competition off the pavement. No one else comes close.

It's kind of like saying I took my C6Z mud bogging and it couldn't hold up to the competition.

the only vehicles that come close to doing what the Raptor does is the Dodge Power Wagon and the Jeep Rubicon, and both of those are more designed for mudding/rock crawling, where the Raptor is designed for the Baja races.. (high speed over dryer ground)..

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Id imagine gearing has more of a role in its poor 1/4mi numbers.

Id love to take one to the 1/4mi but not stop at the end just keep drivng into and through the sandbox and over the hill, not even use the return road just take my own.

I want one so bad. Its probably best I dont, the shit I would do in a truck thats as capable as that would probably either get me killed or land me in jail.

the only vehicles that come close to doing what the Raptor does is the Dodge Power Wagon and the Jeep Rubicon, and both of those are more designed for mudding/rock crawling, where the Raptor is designed for the Baja races.. (high speed over dryer ground)..

I was thinking of the Toyota Tacoma PreRunners, but the SVT Raptor is way more equipped than the TRD package iirc.

By the way, whats up Jake? You still got the GTO?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

I have never seen those trucks come close to the performance of a raptor. Check out this vid for a run down. Running a locker at 100mph is pretty cool!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtxiMGA8QRQ"]YouTube - 2010 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Ride Review[/nomedia]

My favorite part is the table top jump at 120. 240 is the end of the hill climb thats damned impressive for a vehicle this wide and heavy.:beer:

Equalbracket

Established Member
Had a white raptor pass me in the MEDIAN today lol, 30-40 foot grass median, between a 4 lane highway. 70+ and Looked smooth....Might trade the shelby in on one, just to do shit like that.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member

Lets see how those trucks do off roading...

Ford didnt build the Raptor with drag racing in mind.. They build a bad ass truck that could handle any obsticle you put in its way off road. They are well built and are made to last.

Users who are viewing this thread