Raced a turbo s2000

03silverdrop

Established Member
I was on my way home from a friends house the other day at about 2:00 in the afternoon. All I could see in my rearview was the HID's from some kind of car because it was to far back to make out what it was, so I slow down to about 50 on the highway so it could catch up. As it got closer I could see it was an s2000. As it got even closer I could see the huge front mount intercooler. We come to a red light and he is in the same lane behind me. The light turns green and I take off slow and he's riding my ass like Roy Rodger road Trigger, so I just hammer it in 2nd gear at about 25 and lose the ass end of the car. There's not very much traffic on the road so as soon as I do that he darts over into the left lane and is pulling up beside me. On the gas, and off the gas, so all I can hear is blow off valve. I'm doing about 30 in second gear so that there will be alot of space between us and the little traffic in front of us. I look over a point ahead of us and where off. I stomp in second and lose traction but still pull about a half a car on him then shift to 3rd and from there it was curtains. I pulled on him like he was bolted to the ground!!!!! When I let off he pulled next to me and gave me a big :thumbsup: I didn't talk to him so I have no idea what size turbo he had or the boost he was running or anything. Either way, he still got mollested. The guy he was with was driving a turbo integra that was bright orange with a body kit and wheels. I played with him a little and you can pretty much guess the outcome of that one also. The were both from PA. Any of you PA. guys know who they are. The guy in the s2000 looked to be about 18-21 and the guy in the integra looked to be indian and about the same age.

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
Sweet kill. I hear those turbo S2000's are about as fast a stock 03cobra, so you have made real quick work of him.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Could have been vortech supercharged. 300 some hp but only 195lb/torque. Its a pretty weak setup.

sled

Established Member
i race one at the track with a turbo set up on it in my bros camaro. i lunched it and never locked the seat so it slid back. once i got WOT again i went right passed him. i was like dam this thing is faster than i thought! i got my timeslip and had ran a 13.7 at 105, he ran a 14.1 at some i forget. idk ive seen stock ones go faster!

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
sled said:
i race one at the track with a turbo set up on it in my bros camaro. i lunched it and never locked the seat so it slid back. once i got WOT again i went right passed him. i was like dam this thing is faster than i thought! i got my timeslip and had ran a 13.7 at 105, he ran a 14.1 at some i forget. idk ive seen stock ones go faster!

LOL about the seat thing :lol:

sled

Established Member
XR4Turbo said:
LOL about the seat thing :lol:

hey hey! bro never tolled me that you have to pull the latch back after you move it! it has after market seats.
i lunched and the car took off but i sat there til the 10inchs of seat rack ran out and got knocked into the seat! my foot was not even half on the paddle. after i wiggles my way under the 4 point harness i got the paddle down and kick the 4 barrel open! i went right by the S2000 and still ripped off a 13.7 at 105! to this day i still have faster times in my bros car than he has lol!
car is down now. its gonna be the faster car i ever built now! :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread