raced an e55

04HillzGT

Established Member
not the new ones that are insanely fast I believe it was a 98-99 e55 amg, following 2 of my girl buddies in their car to the local coldstones driving on the Northern State pretty late roads were empty, see a car coming up to catch me, I'm like oh it's an E-class, pulls up look in the back it says e55 AMG I'm like oh sh*t I'm gonna get my ass handed to me, both of us slowed down dropped back into 2nd and went at it, dead even completely even, he had 2 people in his car but still I guess those things are 1-heavy and the auto slows it down 2-wasn't a real E55 but I checked it out online when I got home from my observation it was and he was going full out but I just somehow managed to stick side by side with him :D

no slow 88

Established Member
YEA, YOUR RIGHT THOSE NEW ONE ARE REAL FAST FOR A FOUR DOOR. THERE WAS ONE AT JACKSON DRAG STRIP THAT WENT 12.36@117. THAT IS CRAZY. ANYWAY NICE KILL

Noredline

Established Member
Good job:) I think stock they were 347 or 349 hp, and about 376 ft/lbs of torque. Same engine as in mine but mine only puts out 342hp, dunno why:??:

Cantoodler

Your Face
Established Member
good kill but i think we are all getting confused. for one the new e55amg is bitchin fast and would smoke the doors off of most of us here me included but the last e55 amg didnt have a blower and runs probably high 13s low 14s depending on the track but i could be wrong about those times

Saleen Explorer

Established Member
Actually, the non-blown E55's are still damn fast, running easy low 13's at at least 106 from what I've seen and thats pretty much what the mags have gotten, kinda hard to screw up the launch of an auto car lol. Anybody else heard the older or newer E55's, damn cars sound like an old school big block but with a slight modern touch.

Little off topic, I remember going out for a spin in a family friends new E55, kept asking myself if I was in a luxury car or drag car:dw: :eek: , they have no problem hanging with Vipers on the high end.

Last edited:

Noredline

Established Member
They do sound awesome! When you get on it and make it drop a gear or two, sounds a bit like a Mustang too actually:) My father-in-law is looking to buy an 04 E55, hope he lets me drive it, alone:rockon:

TRDNiteLife

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Originally posted by 04HillzGT
not the new ones that are insanely fast I believe it was a 98-99 e55 amg, following 2 of my girl buddies in their car to the local coldstones driving on the Northern State pretty late roads were empty, see a car coming up to catch me, I'm like oh it's an E-class, pulls up look in the back it says e55 AMG I'm like oh sh*t I'm gonna get my ass handed to me, both of us slowed down dropped back into 2nd and went at it, dead even completely even, he had 2 people in his car but still I guess those things are 1-heavy and the auto slows it down 2-wasn't a real E55 but I checked it out online when I got home from my observation it was and he was going full out but I just somehow managed to stick side by side with him :D

Feel free to spread these around - .....................................

black96snake

Established Member
My dad has a 2001 E55 and it will blow my doors off. 349hp 400 lbs of torque, yeah she's fast. The traction control won't let you rip from a dig but she's amazing on the highway.

04HillzGT

Established Member
hey anything can happen in the streets in this case it turned out that I hung dead even don't get me wrong I'm sure in most situations I would get beat but hey this time I guess I just hung around side by side for whatever reason:)

DOHC Rocket

Established Member
Originally posted by 04HillzGT

so much for the break-in period.:burnout: Nice run!

Last edited:

2thDr

Established Member
If anyone in the Central Texas areas wants to race an E55, just let me know...................

2thDr

Established Member
Originally posted by Noredline
Couple of nice cars you got there Rich. What color is the AMG?

The E55 is "Obsidian Black"
The Corvette is "Sebring Silver"

Users who are viewing this thread