Raced an LT1

Tim Bindon

Established Member
I had cruise set just under 80 as I pulled up next to a 96ish Camaro. I rolled up next to him looked over and piped him. We we're coming into a construction zone so I let him do his flyby and followed him through the construction. On the other side he didn't wait for me to get up side by side, he just jumped on it. I started out about 2 truck lengths back and had pulled up to his door when I hit overdrive. DOH. He then pulled away. Dammit. I guess it takes a lot of power to push a 5000lb brick down the highway at that speed so I should be happy I pulled him in.

94cobra

When will it be fast enuf
Established Member
Tim,
LT1's and LS1's only get faster the higher the speed. In my book of street racing, the first one to a 100 mph wins. Because I would rather get clocked at a 100 than 130.
Where are you from in MI? I have a few friends from the Midland, Saginaw, Bay city area that have buells. Great bikes, I hope to have a buell someday in the future.
later
john

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
John,

Ill agree with you on the LT-1's going faster and faster and faster. almost seems like the sky is the limit, I still think camaros are unreliable junk heaps, with fast motors :D

Tim Bindon

Established Member
Originally posted by 94cobra
Tim,
LT1's and LS1's only get faster the higher the speed. In my book of street racing, the first one to a 100 mph wins. Because I would rather get clocked at a 100 than 130.
Where are you from in MI? I have a few friends from the Midland, Saginaw, Bay city area that have buells. Great bikes, I hope to have a buell someday in the future.
later
john

Yeah, you'd think i'd learn not to pick fights past 100 with those cars. The problem is, they never wait to go side by side. They nut it as soon as traffic clears and I alway end up running them down from behind. I do need to stop that whole race to 120-130 crap... i've been clocked and ticketed at 99, and don't really want to find out what they do after that.

The Buell is a fun bike... if your going to get one i'd wait a year or two when they come out with the Turbocharged version of the new XB9R.

I live over on the other side of Michigan, Holland to be exact.

Tim Bindon

Established Member
Originally posted by 94cobra
Tim,
later
john

Yeah, you'd think i'd learn not to pick fights past 100 with those cars. The problem is, they never wait to go side by side. They nut it as soon as traffic clears and I alway end up running them down from behind. I do need to stop that whole race to 120-130 crap... i've been clocked and ticketed at 99, and don't really want to find out what they do after that.

The Buell is a fun bike... if your going to get one i'd wait a year or two when they come out with the Turbocharged version of the new XB9R.

I live over on the other side of Michigan, Holland to be exact.

94cobra

When will it be fast enuf
Established Member
sohowcome,
Camaros aren't that bad. My friend has a 95 LT1. It has an automatic with 3.42, headers and power program. It runs 13.00@107 on everyday street tires and has over 90,000 miles. But I don't like the 4 foot long dashboard.

Tim,
what engine will they put on the buell with the turbocharger?

Later
john

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Does he complain about the interior quality???? Chevy is notoriously bad about that.................. thats what I mean is the fit and finish isnt nice say like a stang

Tim Bindon

Established Member
sohowcome - I have to agree with you as far as the interior in the Camaro and just about every other GM product. The fit and finish is terrible and the switch feel of the buttons they use is poor at best.

94cobra - As far as I know it will be the new 984cc from the XB9R with an aerocharger setup. Should be fun.

00SS

Established Member
all camaro's need to be spanked, they are shit cars,

Mines not, if anything is wrong I fix it... + I'm finally going to get into the motor now.. :D heads and LS6 intake are going on as soon as the new kiddo's are born. Heads are in my buddys garage and intake is coming soon.... low 11's on motor soon..and high 10's on the bottle.

cant' freaking wait....

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by 00SS

Mines not, if anything is wrong I fix it... + I'm finally going to get into the motor now.. :D heads and LS6 intake are going on as soon as the new kiddo's are born. Heads are in my buddys garage and intake is coming soon.... low 11's on motor soon..and high 10's on the bottle.

cant' freaking wait....

Hey devin LTNS we tought you may have disappeared......

00SS

Established Member
Hey guys, na .. still alive and kickin.. my wife's still on bed rest with our twins that are due around thanksgiving so it's been work my ass off and playing mr. mom with my current two daughters. I have been trying to talk the wife into a jr. dragster for my 5 year old.. but it doesn't seem to be flying with her :D

Anyone from around the Dallas area? me and a couple of friends are taking off work tomorrow to go to Ennis to watch the big boys run (I love the smell of top fuel) :) Post up if anyone can go and we'll hook up out there. Friday is the qualifying round and Sat. is emilinations. ought to be a good time....

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Hey guys, na .. still alive and kickin.. my wife's still on bed rest with our twins that are due around thanksgiving so it's been work my ass off and playing mr. mom with my current two daughters. I have been trying to talk the wife into a jr. dragster for my 5 year old.. but it doesn't seem to be flying with her :D

Anyone from around the Dallas area? me and a couple of friends are taking off work tomorrow to go to Ennis to watch the big boys run (I love the smell of top fuel) :) Post up if anyone can go and we'll hook up out there. Friday is the qualifying round and Sat. is emilinations. ought to be a good time....

Geeez devin after two kids you would think you would ask for the dragster when she has been drugged up for labor :D Congrats BTW on your upcoming editions

-Zach

00SS

Established Member
Thanks Zach... yea, i can hardly beleive i'm gonna have 4 girls:shocked:

you'd think i would have had 1 boy out of 4 attemps... but alas the 'x' chromozones gods wouldn't have it. Oh well, my middle daughter i think will be the hot-rodder... she already hands me tools (the wrong one of course, but she's only 2 :) and helps me wash it.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Thanks Zach... yea, i can hardly beleive i'm gonna have 4 girls:shocked:

you'd think i would have had 1 boy out of 4 attemps... but alas the 'x' chromozones gods wouldn't have it. Oh well, my middle daughter i think will be the hot-rodder... she already hands me tools (the wrong one of course, but she's only 2 :) and helps me wash it.

Ahhhhhhh gotta love kids... I just posted a pic of my lil ripper in the roadside cafe, maybe some others willl do the same thing.... *hint *hint, peole with chillins

-Zach

KINGPIN

Established Member
Not all of us Slowmaro drivers take the cheap jump on a race. Most of the mustangs I come across see the badging on the back then slow way down so they don't have to get next to me. I do have to say that I'm looking forward to running the Lightning against my friend's 99 SS. I better get crackin' on the mods.
Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread