Raced an XLR-V Roadster today...

davbrucas

Banned
I was driving home on I75 and saw a silver car in my mirror hauling ass in the left lane. when it went by i had no idea what it was so i got in behind him as traffic forced him to slow down to 65. i saw the cadillac emblem as well as the XLR-V. i had never heard of this car before and it was very slick looking. a middle aged guy and his ol lady were in it. so i ease up next to him and he sees my yellow cobra and smiles as if to say "get ready for the ass whoopin!" :kaboom: so we slow to 45 and he takes off. i down shift to 2nd and hit it. the temp was in the low 60s and my car loves this weather! i had to switch back to the left lane to go around a car and ran up on his rear end and moved over and passed him. i wasnt pulling him all that hard but i did manage to put 3-4 cars on him to 125mph. he drove by as i slowed and his ol lady looked pissed and he just gave me a nod and kept going. :whine: that is one good looking car and very quick. with a smaller pulley, that thing would give us a run for our money! here is a site that i found... 0-60 in under 5sec? :bowdown:

http://www.cadillacxlr-v.com/

JiggaStyles09

Established Member
i really like the regular XLR's and the V's are even more badass. the base XLR gives the SL500 benz a run for its money IMO. its lighter and has a bit more power and more or less has the same features for less than a SL500.

i like the styling a lot too on the XLR.

nice kill :beer:

DrZacharyus

Banned
the xlr-v's are out? some guy that wants to buy one (hes also looking at a ford gt, he has a 500rwhp escalade lol) he said they were coming out next year :shrug:

svtTom01

Motorboatin' S.O.B
Established Member
They haven't even started production on the XLR-V's yet. According to Cadillac, they won't be built until January '06 so I doubt that it was a XLR-V that you ran. It was probably a regular XLR.

bigslim

Established Member
They are running around here in Detroit with MFG plates. I ran up against one and it moves really good. 440hp and cost between $90,000-$100,000. For that money I would get a Z06 Vette and save $30,000.

davbrucas

Banned
oh it was a V roadster for sure. it looked exactly like that one in the link above but it was silver...and it had no plates that i could see.

M SIX

Go Big or Go Home
Established Member
bigslim said:
They are running around here in Detroit with MFG plates. I ran up against one and it moves really good. 440hp and cost between $90,000-$100,000. For that money I would get a Z06 Vette and save $30,000.
Yea, im from Michigan myself and I have seen a few lurking around with MFG plates myself.

satx

Banned
bigslim said:

not everyone wants a track car.

99caddysts

Established Member
GTSpartan said:
They are actually rated at 469 hp now because of the new SAE standard
no. the sts-v is now rated at 469hp but the xlr-v is rated at 443hp. the difference in hp can be attributed to the intake and exhaust manifolds of each car.

and the MSRP is $100,000.

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
bigslim said:

Yeah 90-100K is way too much for a car that's probably running high to mid 12's at best. I mean who are they trying to compete with?? If it's Mercedes they better bring the price way down.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
TORNATIC!! said:
Yeah 90-100K is way too much for a car that's probably running high to mid 12's at best. I mean who are they trying to compete with?? If it's Mercedes they better bring the price way down.

Lets clear everything up.

A Caddy is NOT a drag car! Not a drag car! If you buy it for that, you are wasting your money. People need to get this only 1/4 mile thinking outta their head. It is a BLVD cruiser and the target audience is probably 55+.

I shocks me how many people judge cars by their 1/4 mile times :shrug:

98GMEater

Mr. PIIHB
Established Member
GTSpartan said:

A Caddy is NOT a drag car! Not a drag car! If you buy it for that, you are wasting your money. People need to get this only 1/4 mile thinking outta their head. It is a BLVD cruiser and the target audience is probably 55+.

Well spoken sir :thumbsup:, everything doesnt come 13 or less.

WHITESVTCOBRA

Established Member
O I thought my odometer only went up in quarter mile incraments hahaha just kidding, yea this car wasn't built for that, it was built for the mid-life crisis guys who have a little more money than they need.

JohnMGD

Established Member
WHITESVTCOBRA said:
O I thought my odometer only went up in quarter mile incraments hahaha just kidding, yea this car wasn't built for that, it was built for the mid-life crisis guys who have a little more money than they need.

Then I guess Im 19 with a mid-life crisis. That car is simply clutch.

davbrucas

Banned
TORNATIC!! said:

"Key competitors:
Mercedes Benz SL 55 AMG Roadster, Lexus SC Convertible, Jaguar XKR Convertible."

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
GTSpartan said:

I don't judge cars by their 1/4 times. I hate when someone stereotype's someone based on one post :nonono: I don't care how anybody puts it 90-100K for that car is crazy!!

METHICAL

Established Member
TORNATIC!! said:

They can keep it at the same price, but they need to up the overall quality. If you're ever in an XLR, tap on the center console and listen to the lovely rattle.

Users who are viewing this thread