Raced S/C'd '92 NSX

NukeX

My Shit Got Keyed, Yo
Established Member
Alright, so tonight with 800 Miles on the clock I went out with a friend actually looking for some trouble. We were coming upto a light to make a left turn and we see this red blurrr and hear a fart pipe go through the intersection. Couldn't tell what it was at first as we were to far away when it went though (heard the exhaust though) So we give chase and the guy is hauling ass I'm doing 100 and not really catching up at all and he's still 1/4 mile ahead, so we get stuck at a light and see him make a left turn but by the time we get to the light he was at, he is nowhere in sight :nonono:

So we flip a bitch, and start back on our way home when we see the same red car go past us going the other way, we flip anutha bitch and catch upto the guy at a light turning left. pull upto him and he just asks "so what you got in there" and we tell him it's just stock (not sure if he knew about/it was an '03) So he knows whats gonna happen and we get into the left turn and get on it into the turn ....he gets the jump and pulls .5 cars ahead and just holds that deep into 4th for me. we shut down, not really the best run because I got sideways coming out of the turn. So we hit a light this time.....goes green, I get about a 1 car jump on him, and thats how it stayed into 2nd, 3rd, and I missed into 4th, when we shut down at around ~120 mph I had 2 cars on him. What a way to pop the cherry on this car......I will never drive without a video camera in the car again......I would call our cars about even because I really didn't pull at all on him cept for when he shifted and I was winding it out....but man, it was awesome!!!!:beer:

Last edited:

NukeX

My Shit Got Keyed, Yo
Established Member
Thanks guys, I really wanted to get more info out of him but he got on the onramp to the freeway.....after the 2nd run we just kinda rolled slow alongside each other and I told my friend to ask him what year and if he was stock (I don't know much about NSX's except that they are 13 second cars stock???Atleast the newer ones are) He just kinda laughed and said he was supercharged, and the only other thing I could tell was the exhaust because that's what first got my attention. I put out an APB for him on some of the NSX boards because i'm really interested to see what exactly he was pushing....we were dead even....no one pulling on anyone upto when i missed into 4th.....

SNK BITN

Established Member
ylsuper.gif

03SLOBRA

Trollin aint easy
Established Member
Originally posted by Blue Poison
Time to do intake and exhaust.....nevertheless nice run those cars are aerodynamic as hell.

Not to mention light too.... Good kill! :rolling:

NukeX

My Shit Got Keyed, Yo
Established Member
GOt ahold of the guy through NSXPrime.com, he answered my APB :) Heres what he said......

"Yes that was me racing with you in Tustin. We were both fortunate to have stopped our antics when we did since that squad car was just curiously watching us at the El Camino intersection. I was very impressed by your Pony. It really ran strong off the line and I could here you chirping the rears on your 2nd, 3rd and fourth gears. I can not imagine how much fun you guys are going to have in that car seeing that was your first week of ownership. I also think that we ran quite even on both runs.
My 92 has a Comptech 6lb supercharger, Comptech Exhaust/Headers, Short gears, and 4.235 ring and pinion, Bilstein shocks all installed by Mark Basch of Phoenix. I had on my 17/18 show wheels . I was just testing some TCS repairs that I was trying to do at home. Good luck with the new Cobra."

Users who are viewing this thread