Racing a 04 pullied cobra next week

Jsak

Established Member
Racing a pullied cobra next week with a JLT intake and sct tune. I have a 08 ls3 vette with headers, intake, and tune. Should be pretty fun, just met the guy, seems pretty cool. He took me for a ride and it seems to pull pretty hard but that's without the tune and intake. He is getting that stuff this week. Racing from a 20 punch. What do u all think the outcome will be? both of us are on street tires. if he has trouble hooking, ill ask him to do a 50 roll.

itSSlow98

Established Member
He wont hook for shit on street tires from a 20 roll. I think youll pull him pretty good. From a higher roll I think itll be a good race but youll edge him out.

03snakeminated

Established Member
He doesn't have a chance (providing both of you hook). If it was an ls2 05-07 vette with your mods then maybe but a c6 ls3 with your mods is a good race for a ported eaton cobra in the 500ish range

Jsak

Established Member
I live in cape girardeau missouri and yes he took me for a spin without a tune and but had a pulley.Also I am an automatic

Last edited:

THAITED

Established Member
Just bet for a big fat luch or dinner or something. I'm sure you'll have good meal.

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I live in cape girardeau missouri and yes he took me for a spin without a tune and but had a pulley.Also I am an automatic

sAng_explosive1.gif

Jsak

Established Member
can anyone with a automatic 6 speed vette chime in on how I should race him? Should I just floor it in sport mode without the paddles or use the paddles to downshift to the right gear and throw it into drive. The reason for this is so I dont have to wait for it to downshift and it feels faster.

LS2GTO

Established Member
can anyone with a automatic 6 speed vette chime in on how I should race him? Should I just floor it in sport mode without the paddles or use the paddles to downshift to the right gear and throw it into drive. The reason for this is so I dont have to wait for it to downshift and it feels faster.

Obviously starting in the correct gear and going from there will be faster than being in 6th gear cruising and waiting for the computer to downshift itself and go. If you have the option to manually select the gear of an automatic before the punch (much like a manual) then go with that. It would be a waste to have the ability to manually downshift and not use it but instead wait for the computer to downshift.

black03kbcobra

Flawless Victory!
Established Member
I think you'll get him. You got the weight and traction advantage. A full exhaust, intake, tuned ls3 is no joke. I'm gonna say you'll put 3+ cars on him.

UncleDan

Established Member
He took me for a ride and it seems to pull pretty hard but that's without the tune and intake.

Should be an interesting race, assuming he doesn't blow his engine from doing WOT pulls in his pullied Cobra with no tune. I bet his piston heads are not too happy right now. :fm:

moot09

Established Member
I ran a modded ls3 auto a few months back. He got me pretty good. Being as your friends cobra is just pullied, I assume the outcome with be the same as mine.

Jsak

Established Member
the pulley is a 2.8 and he is putting ice in his reservoir also. He even mentioned pulling out one of his head lights

2003cobraguy

Established Member
lol im guessing you will get him.
although i made 480/486 on a 2.8 upper

just shift right and you will probably be fine.

LoL at driving without a tune, dude sounds like a retard.

Users who are viewing this thread