Racing David Coultard live in GT5

adramire25

Established Member
Pretty cool and the lap times were so close. Proves GT5 physics are pretty spot on to reality. I wish they had this event for US gamers!

I could only manage a 1:17 lap time, hard to beat a pro race driver!

Lap times:

David Coulthard: 1:16.32
Jason Birt: 1:16.86 (+0.548)
Rob Woodhouse: 1:17.53 (+1.214)
Andy Sawley 1:17.88 (+1.564)
Jamie Lunn 1:18.73 (+2.411)
John Morshead 1:19.27 (+2.955)
Keith Brown 1:19.90 (+3.587)
[youtube_browser]ibkOX0w7SoY[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]fVgBFBNyxS0[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

adramire25

Established Member
can't wait to try this out on Forza 4... yeah, I said it.

Does Forza even have anything like GT Academy? GT has made a gamer into a real race car driver like Lucas Ordonez

[youtube_browser]3lCn38ojx48[/youtube_browser]

Uh oh....Forza fan boys must be jealous lol.

GT isn't just a game anymore it creates real racers.

Last edited:

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
Does Forza even have anything like GT Academy? GT has made a gamer into a real race car driver like Lucas Ordonez

[youtube_browser]3lCn38ojx48[/youtube_browser]

Uh oh....Forza fan boys must be jealous lol.

GT isn't just a game anymore it creates real racers.

GT has the worst physics I've ever experience in a racing game. That right there is all marketing.

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
SO what you are saying is, you don't like "real" racing games, you like Forza. :lol1:

Did you see anything about Forza in my post? If GT was so realistic, their crashes wouldn't look so fake, ALL of the cars would take damage, and the handling on a Skyline wouldn't be like driving a truck. :shrug:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Lol

GT makes real racecar drivers like CoD makes real soldiers.

Gtfo with that logic.

Sent from my iPhail using Tapatalk while doing 90 on the freeway and streetracing through traffic. What now?

Raven519

Established Member
Did you see anything about Forza in my post? If GT was so realistic, their crashes wouldn't look so fake, ALL of the cars would take damage, and the handling on a Skyline wouldn't be like driving a truck. :shrug:

It was more of a poke at the Forza fanboys who think its the best ever. Personally there are no realistic racing games period, because if there was, nobody would buy it. lol

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
It was more of a poke at the Forza fanboys who think its the best ever. Personally there are no realistic racing games period, because if there was, nobody would buy it. lol

Not really a poke at them at all. After playing both, Forza brings much more to the table. A wider variety of cars, and in depth modding options, rather than GT ricer stages. It may not be the best ever, but at least it brings more to the table than 20 variations the Nissan Skyline :shrug:

Raven519

Established Member
Not really a poke at them at all. After playing both, Forza brings much more to the table. A wider variety of cars, and in depth modding options, rather than GT ricer stages. It may not be the best ever, but at least it brings more to the table than 20 variations the Nissan Skyline :shrug:

You are going to have 20 versions of the same car because thats what happens when you put 1k cars into a game, hell i even think its dumb. However, the modding in Forza is a joke. I mean AWD Vipers or AWD Chevy aveos with Nascar motors? I mean really, thats a good modding system? Give me the stages from GT over that nonsense. Too bad you can't combine both games and make one good one.

SVTFastBack

Established Member
theres no such thing as real feeling game.. its a game you hold a controller theres no real wind blowing in your face you cant smell the brakes working or the vibrations through the peddles.. gran turismo has always been shit in terms of a racing game imo forza might not be in the same area right now graphically but at least the cars dont sound like complete shit and the physics well anyways you look at it doesnt matter forza is just more fun to play as a car game because it doesnt feel as fake as tursimo and graphics dont make the game the feel does it can look and all the fanboys are going to praise like its godly but you trade your dignity for a series which has always sucked

Last edited:

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
You are going to have 20 versions of the same car because thats what happens when you put 1k cars into a game, hell i even think its dumb. However, the modding in Forza is a joke. I mean AWD Vipers or AWD Chevy aveos with Nascar motors? I mean really, thats a good modding system? Give me the stages from GT over that nonsense. Too bad you can't combine both games and make one good one.

Yes, you can pretty much do whatever you want to a car in Forza. Why wouldn't AWD be a possibility on Vipers or Aveos? I'd rather know my mods than not know. Ricer stage modding FTL. 1K cars doesn't mean a thing when the lineup isn't quality. 20 variations of the same car just means the developers don't care about their enthusiast fan base.

04sneaky_snake

Established Member
Yes, you can pretty much do whatever you want to a car in Forza. Why wouldn't AWD be a possibility on Vipers or Aveos? I'd rather know my mods than not know. Ricer stage modding FTL. 1K cars doesn't mean a thing when the lineup isn't quality. 20 variations of the same car just means the developers don't care about their enthusiast fan base.

This. The motor swaps and drivetrains swaps are in the game because in real life THEY ARE POSSIBLE. Unlike buying "stages" for your cars. Let me just call up my local dyno shop and tell them I want a stage 1 or stage 2 setup for my car.

Oh not to mention that in GT5 prologue you even had to pay to wash your car and change the oil. LMFAO!!! Get that ricer POS game out of here. I think it's cool they use the game in this way, but it's all because Sony and GT keeps throwing money at it. I'll stick to Forza, and its actual simulation over Gran Turismo's arcade game.

Users who are viewing this thread