Racing Fuel Jugs, Which Brand do You Like?

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I dont remember the guy's exact setup but I do remember reading about a guy at his shop that kept his fuel outside, sounded like maybe it was even slightly icy but was pouring it from plastic jug into a funnel and somehow got a spark - nearly killed himd

Wow that’s crazy. Thanks for opening my eyes. I imagine e85 is at an even greater risk of igniting due to its octane level too. Probably burns clear too and people will wonder why I’m flailing around like I’m on fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
I actually order the white ones. Sucks because they are not local to me and only ship on per order. I have (4) and like the low key look.

I'm fortunate to have a store close. They have everything from moonpies to live chickens. It's a farm super store

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Wow that’s crazy. Thanks for opening my eyes. I imagine e85 is at an even greater risk of igniting due to its octane level too. Probably burns clear too and people will wonder why I’m flailing around like I’m on fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A former boss of mine was horribly burned in a similar situation. He was filling a jug at a gas station, but left it sitting on his tailgate which had a plastic bed liner on it.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
I use the VP jugs, the white ones so I can see how much fuel is in them easily. I can squeeze 6 gallons of e85 in one 5 gallon jug.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
What do the poor bastards in CA do? Owning a racing fuel jug is probably a felony there.
My dad has an off-road one in CA. Had to promise and cross his heart that he would only use it "off road". Got his from a classic VW specialty shop.

Users who are viewing this thread