"Racing on a highway" Arrest

blacksrt

Established Member
when they asked you where you saw the camaro you should have responded, "what camaro?"..........

JerryC

Established Member
Im curious but how does one accelerate for 60 feet and slow down meet racing? Im not being a smart a$$ im just wondering. I could see if two vehicles where doing it at the same time but neither one did that. So just curious

This is easy.

You say the above and the Judge says Guilty!

You have already stated that you and the other guy did the above, the officer gives her testimony regarding the interview with you and that she believed you were racing, hence the arrest.

The Judge uses his/her judgement and decides that you are guilty. Done.

You did it, you told the officer about it on the scene and you have told the world about it here.

You may not have been racing by a technicality, but you have essentially convicted yourself by talking. You just don't understand, the police didnt have to see you do it, you told them you did it. They have no burden of proof because you confessed on the scene and on this forum. Understand?

You are going to need a really, really good lawyer just to minimize the damage.

Chicostang

Dont Tread On Me
Established Member
Seriously??? I respect and thank alot of you guys for your opinions and suggestions but some of these comments are ridiculous.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Seriously??? I respect and thank alot of you guys for your opinions and suggestions but some of these comments are ridiculous.

Your sarcasm meter broke?

Just go talk to an attorney.

The majority of people who you think are giving you "good" advice are actually the complete opposite. Most of them are not attorneys and have no experience in a courtroom or with your situation. (I am referring to those fly by night posters on here. Not the donut shop vets.)

You're in a shitty situation and whether you partially or fully put yourself there you have to deal with it. Seek competent legal advice and learn from your mistakes.

Good luck.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Since you offered an opinion as well, which category do you fall in?

Sea lawyer...can still offer opinions and unless someone here is the judge who will be presiding over the case..everyone else is as previously stated...

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Your sarcasm meter broke?

Just go talk to an attorney.

The majority of people who you think are giving you "good" advice are actually the complete opposite. Most of them are not attorneys and have no experience in a courtroom or with your situation. (I am referring to those fly by night posters on here. Not the donut shop vets.)

You're in a shitty situation and whether you partially or fully put yourself there you have to deal with it. Seek competent legal advice and learn from your mistakes.

Good luck.

best advice yet....I agree totally but still feel he has a decent case to have this dismissed as not racing..again hope OP keeps us posted...

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
It is quite clear you do not know how to interpret a statute. By the OP's own description he meets the elements of the statute for street racing as it is quite broad.

But feel free to believe whatever you wish, but I would encourage no one to listen to you as you know nothing about the law or how it is interpreted.

Please feel free to point out the part of the statute that OP violated...Also please point out where the OP stated he was racing or implied he was racing?

Pulling next to someone and saying watch how fast I accelerate while you simply drive at normal speeds and watch is not a race...

Just a simple sea lawyers opinion....Didn't tell the guy to forget the ticket or not retain an attorney..again feel the case is fairly weak against him...

Moparkidd

can i get a check 1,2 uhh
Established Member
Please feel free to point out the part of the statute that OP violated...Also please point out where the OP stated he was racing or implied he was racing?

Pulling next to someone and saying watch how fast I accelerate while you simply drive at normal speeds and watch is not a race...

Just a simple sea lawyers opinion....Didn't tell the guy to forget the ticket or not retain an attorney..again feel the case is fairly weak against him...

When we got out the heavy traffic area he downshifted and sped up and slowed down kinda like he was showing me what he had. so i did the same thing. Neither one of us really wrapped out our cars just a little go and stop.

You have to think, he is posting this on a site trying to justify how he was not street racing, i have never pulled up beside someone who is revving there car and downshifting and not gave them a short run. We arent getting the full and true story most likely and that is why someone called it in.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member

"neither of us really wrapped out our cars just a little stop and go" that is his admission and meets the elements of the statute under (1)(c) and (2)(a).

Maybe in YOUR definition of a race, but not according to the State of Texas.

Where do you obtain your "sea lawyer" degree and bar card because it clearly does not provide you with accurate insight or knowledge of this matter.

musclefan21

Established Member
While I have to say, you shouldnt have screwed around like that, because that is racing as well, but you also shouldnt have been arrested because of someone just calling in.

I was pulled over by 2 cops in the cobra a few years ago because some one had called and said i was racing. I told the officer I wasnt (I really wasnt) and I straight up told the officer, it could have been anyone who just didnt like my car, the way my car sounded or simpply the way i was driving. He said that he didnt see me in action / no hard evidence so he wont do anything. we both wished each other a good evening and I went on my way.

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
Just goes to show, know your surroundings... People these days have technology and means to capture anything and everything. There is always someone watching.

Users who are viewing this thread