racing tires for my shelby

96slowbra

Established Member
got a screaming deal on some falkins, so i had to buy them. powder coated some 07s and here's what i have...
now i don't have to wear out my 19's on the big course

IMG00317-20110312-1155.jpg

IMG00318-20110312-1235.jpg

96slowbra

Established Member
i auto-x every june at the rocky mountain mustang round up in steamboat and it is a blast!! i live just under an hour from miller motorsport park in utah, so i bought these with the intention of saving tread life on my 19s. only done some half track stuff so far, with the intentions of lots more

cluscher

Established Member
Need some specifics on the tires. Which falkens and what size? Same size on all 4 corners?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Are they the new 615K or they older 615?

I use a set of the older 615s for street use, and I love them.

They will be a good open track tire for a new person since you do not want to be using an R compound when you are new.

R compounds or slicks severely slow down your learning of the whole slide and catch process.

The early 615(which I have) will get a little greasy when they get hot after about three hot laps in. If you are familiar with the hot grip decline you can drive to it's grip level without a problem.

If you are not ready to have hot grip go off some, then you may have a little trouble with them.

The 615K is supposed to be corrected so that they are better for open track as well as autocross.

Tires usually don't get all that hot autocrossing.

96slowbra

Established Member
295s on all 4 corners. old 615s, that's how i got them so cheap. and i have heard that r compounds will slow my learning curve. thought i'd wear these out then hopefully be ready for a set real road race tires

96slowbra

Established Member
and thanks for the heads up. i need all the advice i can get this year. van has been giving me some great pointers, and i also have some real big projects in the works...

Users who are viewing this thread