Racing ?

hoghunter

Get The Phone
Established Member
I went to Capital raceway a couple of weeks ago and had an absolute blast. I have a couple of questions for the racers here. 1). The tech inspector informed me that the radiator and intercooler had to be straight water which I didn't know; what's the best way to handle this, drain into a bucket and reuse or? 2). How much weight savings can be had with some racing wheels in the back instead of the heavy stockers; I see some run 15" weld wheels etc.? Thanks in advance. Bill.

TRBO VNM

1. yes, you should have water at the track and a lot of people keep it in during summer. but you won't find a lot of street cars at the track with just water in it. nobody has said anything to me, but capital has been cracking down on tech. And they want water because of easier clean up.

2. depending on the wheel/tire, you could save 20+lb. also, depending on your rear setup, you may not be able to get 15's on there.

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
i guess capital it getting strict. they have never asked me that, in a way its good for faster clean up

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Water also cools better, but that probably doesn't matter as much for you guys. I run straight distilled and 1 bottle of Water Wetter. And you can reuse your coolant for the winter, just use a paper (coffee) filter when pouring it back in.

AND DON"T FORGET TO REFILL WITH COOLANT BEFORE WINTER!

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I went to Capital raceway a couple of weeks ago and had an absolute blast. I have a couple of questions for the racers here. 1). The tech inspector informed me that the radiator and intercooler had to be straight water which I didn't know; what's the best way to handle this, drain into a bucket and reuse or? 2). How much weight savings can be had with some racing wheels in the back instead of the heavy stockers; I see some run 15" weld wheels etc.? Thanks in advance. Bill.
Bill, you gonna try and make it to the Shootout? Be able to see all kinds of different options for setting up the Terminator for drag racing.

hoghunter

Get The Phone
Established Member
I am going to try to make it out there. I won't know until about the week of as I have something going on that weekend and will just have to see how it shakes out.

Boobinspector

Established Member
By the way capital is some what a hit or miss when it comes to tech inspection. 1) the amount of cars getting teched at the time, 2) who is doing tech inspec., 3) How modified your car looks from the outside. Never have had any issues with them besides having to rent a helmet from time to time.

Users who are viewing this thread