Radiator Question

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
The TSB you're looking for is 96-25-12. You're correct that there's a lot more involved with it than simply switching the radiator.
Although I've never had cooling issues, my 1996 never had the TSB done either. I went down a similar path that you're going down now 2 years ago when my OEM fan finally died, which is when I found out about the TSB. I started trying unsuccessfully to piece together parts and then got extremely lucky by finding a complete kit that popped on eBay for $250 from a NOS retailer, but I haven't seen them since. They were DC'd years ago, and from what I read were $1,100 from Ford if you didn't bring your car in to have it done. I have the shop guide and the parts list that I can scan in and e-mail to you, but without the complete kit, it likely will be more trouble than what it's worth. The biggest culprit was the condenser. I've read posts from guys that said they switched out their thermostat, radiator, and condenser and that did the trick. 96 vs 97 Cobra AC condenser comparison

Ah I thought there was a flaw in the mounting design that made the 97 hold up better. But I may be misinformed there. I have a new Tstat, I am deleting the AC, and will probably just put in a new Rad then. I have never overheated or ran hot. But the car has been sitting so while I am replacing things, I was going to do the rad. So that may just be the ticket then.

Thanks for that!

Users who are viewing this thread