Radiator replacement soon is an oil cooler smart to do while in there

kosovobandit

Established Member
I am needing to replace my radiator next week. Found a crack in my stock one and leaking coolant. I am either going with the Boss 302 or Fluidyne. While in there would it be best to go with the boss 302 oil cooler. is it worth the extra money.

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
Boss oil cooler utilizes your coolant system to reduce temps which means raised coolant temps. I'd recommend an air cooled one like the mishimoto unit. It is pricier but it's worth the price. There's another thread right now about this.

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
It's not a bad cooler just if I was gonna go through installing it, I'd wait to snag a air cooled unit

prn1972

Established Member
If you can afford it go with an all aluminum radiator. The Boss 302 rad has plastic tanks & can also crack over time. I went with the Ford Racing all aluminum rad.
The Boss oil cooler will help lower oil temps. But it's not the best option out there. Air to oil cooler get pricey. The Mishimoto unit is probably the best for the money.

Slowb00st

Established Member
I did a mishimoto rad, low temp stat and boss oil cooler and wish I went another direction, but for the price you cant beat it. Need an SVT fan now. On the mishimoto rad you get what you pay for looks great on pictures but in person you see the quality difference, but its been holding for 5k miles. I think I have the low fan set at 195 F with HP Tuners also.

At some point will be changing to a air to oil cooler. Not any time soon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread