Radio face problems

Thorpz

Established Member
Premium Member
Hello, I have a 2013 GT and the radio face plate delaminated over the winter. I took it to the dealer to be replaced they said it will be covered and they ordered one, that was a month ago and they still have not received it from Ford. I'm just curious if anyone else is having a long wait time or its my dealer dragging there feet.

96svtdriver

Established Member
Hello, I have a 2013 GT and the radio face plate delaminated over the winter. I took it to the dealer to be replaced they said it will be covered and they ordered one, that was a month ago and they still have not received it from Ford. I'm just curious if anyone else is having a long wait time or its my dealer dragging there feet.

Describe or even better, can you post pics of the delamination? I think my '11 with NAV has the same problem. Around the screen it seems to have flaked off over the last 5 months since I got to CA.

vortecd

Established Member
Mine did it too. Saw some lines on it and tried to clean it off and some of it rubbed off. Seems a few have just put a clear protector over it for a Kindl or something like that. Seems easier to do that then get a new radio just to have it do it again

Last edited:

Thorpz

Established Member
Premium Member
I did not take any pics ,but when it started it looked like a spider web and grew across the hole face. Ford took pics for warrantee purposes then I used a little elbow grease and the layer came off it looked like glitter on the rag. I will have it replaced that's why they have warrantees. I am just surprised it has taken over a month and I'm still waiting for the replacement.

13BlackGT

Established Member
It only took a few days for them to get mine. I had it done while in the shop installing my supercharger. They hooked up the ids to flash the radio and wiped out the tune. I had no idea that they would be hooking up to it during a radio display install. If you have a tune other than stock, they might need to know about it.

Last edited:

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member

I'm happy to look into this parts delay for you, Thorpz. Just PM me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info.

Ashley

Users who are viewing this thread