Radio fuse keeps blowing

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
Hey guys, I know it's been a while but it's good to be back on here and check up on everything! My radio fuse keeps blowing. I took the cobra to work last week and halfway there the radio stopped working. After work, I checked the fuse panel and I saw the fuse blew. Ok, no big deal. I replaced the fuse and on the next drive, it blew again about ten min in. I have never had a problem like this in all the years I've owned this car. I've never had to deal with an electrical problem like this before so has anybody had this problem and know where to look first? Or the best way to go about diagnosing this? The car hasn't been in a shop in two years and I really don't want to bring it back lol. Any help is greatly appreciated. Ps, head unit is Pioneer avic d3

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

mr.speaker

99 Cobra
Established Member
Since the unit is aftermarket, the first thing I would do is pull it and check the wires . There may be a short or a loose wire. A lot of times stereo installers don't solder and wrap the connectors.

Hurrycanestang

Established Member
What the gentleman above me said is good advice, I would start with the ground wire first, make sure it is connected to a solid metal ground, try to go with something that is not aluminum, as this is a first choice for most people since its readily available all over the dash lol.

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
I actually installed the unit myself a few years back....I am going to check all of the wires behind the head unit. If that's not the case I think I'll be in for some fun tracking it down lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread