RAGE AGAINST LT motorsports in DALLAS

Eaglei532

Still kinda boot at this
Established Member
So my car started dying after sitting for about 3 days. I replaced the batter and checked all the usual suspects but couldn't figure it out myself. Then I left for Afghan, and rather than have my wife deal with it, I let my best friend and Z06 owner deal with it. He took it to LT Motorsports in Dallas. The did a bunch of tests and told him it was the ?JB Hub?, a part that controls convenience electronics in the car that was bleeding power and killing the car. I have never heard of this part. I was not reachable when this happened so he replaced it. He picked up the car and 3 miles down the road the belt shredded off, a brand new belt that they had just installed. He replaced the belt and drove it home, only to have the car be dead 2 days later. The shop promised him that the HUB would fix the issue and they would fix it if it didn't.

Heres the issue. They had the car for 2.5 week, in that time they created a belt problem that the car never had before, and they didn't fix the only issue I asked them to.

Is it crazy for me to ask for one of these two things?

1) for them to reimburse me for the work they did not complete, and to fix the new belt issue they created, or
2) reimburse me for the work they didn't complete and play for another shop to fix both issues.

Last edited:

NJredfire03

Established Member
I wish I had some input for you, but i can feel for you. I had to deal with a lot of issues with mine when i was in Iraq. Not an easy task, and definitely not good to have added stress. Best of luck man.

Eaglei532

Still kinda boot at this
Established Member
Its going there eventually, but the question is at the bottom, is it ridiculous to ask them to refund and pay to fix what they caused/didnt fix?

Ironhand

Banned
Its going there eventually, but the question is at the bottom, is it ridiculous to ask them to refund and pay to fix what they caused/didnt fix?

I would have your friend figure out what they did. Chances are they messed with the alternator and didnt put it back if they were checking for electrical problems.

We have a DFW crew on this forum that is extremely knowledgeable and I would take it to them.

04Sleeper and skaarew04SVT are the two I would ask for assistance from since you aren't in the states. Not trying to volunteer them but maybe they will see this thread and help ya.

EDIT:I sent both of them a PM for you.

Last edited:

Eaglei532

Still kinda boot at this
Established Member
As always, thank you ironhand, BTW can't wait to see those AC Vent Pods!!! I just had the alt rebuild not even 200 miles ago, but it is def a possibility. They did a parasitic drain test on the car, thats when they said it was this elusive JB HUB? has anyone ever heard of this part, or anything that control convenience electronics in the car?

Ironhand

Banned
As always, thank you ironhand, BTW can't wait to see those AC Vent Pods!!! I just had the alt rebuild not even 200 miles ago, but it is def a possibility. They did a parasitic drain test on the car, thats when they said it was this elusive JB HUB? has anyone ever heard of this part, or anything that control convenience electronics in the car?

No problem man. Im expecting something back on those as well. Just another day or 2 and the prototype should be made.

If they screwed up the belt alignment somehow then I can see the car shredding belts.

I have never heard of the JB HUB before. Unless they are talking about the Junction Box Hub. But I have never heard it called that before or heard there was a "hub" there because it is typically called the Power Distribution Harness.

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
The only thing I can think of is the Smart Junction Box which controls the power windows, taillights, locks, etc. I've only heard them going out on the S197's though.

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
I have never heard of that part, but then again, I'm no expert. I really do feel for you on this one. Unfortunately, in the hot rod game, these things happen. Trying to hunt down gremlins in the electrical systems of cars has been a nightmare since cars were invented, I'm sure. You aren't crazy for asking those things, but no shop I have ever heard of, will do what you're asking. The reason is, it is part of the process of elimination to figure out what the problem is. They thought it was this, "JB hub" but they were wrong, now on to the next possible part. HPP will do the same thing, and as with all tuner shops, you will pay for each part and labor as a separate job. Good luck sorting things out brother.

Eaglei532

Still kinda boot at this
Established Member
Damn it, thats kinda was i was thinking, a bunch of hit and miss until they get lucky and score a hit. should be and interesting, and expensive, ride. If anyone else has any idea please keep posting!!! Thanks

Black2010

Established Member
I don't know why they would have to shotgun parts at this thing. With electrical drains the fastest and easist way to check where it's at is to start at the fuse box and check the draw from each circuit while the car is off. You'll find it there and then you at least know where to start. Then you can do the same for each part that is of potential concern.

As for the shop, you should be able to get a refund for the work completed or at least fixed as part as what you paid already (labor). Getting them to pay to fix the belt issue would be hard as you'd have to prove they caused the problem. That's the hard part as these are old cars and as much as we know they probally screwed something up it's easy for a shop to get past those claims.

black 10th vert

Established Member
I agree with Black2010 in that it will be difficult, if not impossible to get them to pay for the belt issue unless it was somehow related to something they serviced. For example, if they changed the alternator, or removed it, then they could have created a misalignment that didn't exist prior. If they didn't touch anything with that drive system, you are on your own, as most shops don't drive the car far enough to know if there is a problem like that. One thing is for sure though, I wouldn't deal with them to repair any of it, even if you have to pay another reputable shop out of pocket.

da2k17

Established Member
if they took the alternator off to test it and didnt put the spacers back in or in the right spots on the bracket it will throw the pulley alignment off and shred belts.... ask me how i know :bash:

Last edited:

Turbo96'Cobra

Mongoose Hunter
Established Member
That Sucks Man, Sorry To Hear. I am tired of this kind of crap happen to people.

WE NEED A ANGIE'S LIST FOR CAR PEOPLE!!!

Eaglei532

Still kinda boot at this
Established Member
Well guys to make things worse, here is the update. The car continues to die because of a battery drain, and the pulleys and tensioner are done for. The shop owner, Dan Schechter, gave us a date to bring the car back by to get fixed, he said he could take it this Monday. My buddy drove by yesterday on a whim, and found that the shop is empty and closed down. The other shops around him said they had closed that week, so that means that he was already in the process of moving out when he gave me the time to come by again. I talked to my JAG this morning and will be looking for a resolution to this issue. What kind of guy does this to people? And not to overplay this too much, but he did this knowing that I am on deployment and can't find him face to face, WTF?

619Cobra04

Mystic Cobra
Established Member
That's not the update we like to hear :/ that sucks bro. I hear about deployments, I'm about to leave my baby behind and have no clue yet what I'm gonna with her. She's getting dyno tuned this week tho :). As for your issue about the drainage, may be stupid to ask, BUT do you have an after market head unit? Subs? My car was dying every 3 days until I realized "some dumb electrician" idk who ;) lol bypassed the parking brake wrong and had a constant ground out. Good luck with your findings!

Eaglei532

Still kinda boot at this
Established Member
i wish it was that easy man, i don't have any extra electrical stuff besides HIDs and gauges

Users who are viewing this thread