RAGE ( Game.ps3,xbox360,pc )

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
Hey I was just wondering if anyone is picking up a copy of this game tomarrow when it launches? There is a midnight release for anyone that pre-ordered tonight. I've been super stoked for this game for a long time . it looks epic . Though its a vast first person shooter with some rpg elements the multiplayer aspect is going to be vehicle combat .. racing and whatnot. If you guys havnt checked it out .. well - you should.
Let me know if any of you are picking it up too so we can smash online .

Iv heard a couple people say it reminds them of fallout and borderlands but thats crack talk this game looks lightyears better and more eclectic then those titles.

OH **PS On xbox 360 the game is going to be on 3 discs (1 stuffed blue ray for ps3) so in other words the game is HUGE if anyone wants to dive into something for a while till mw3 comes out

Last edited:

The Piper

Direction To Perfection
Established Member
Hey I was just wondering if anyone is picking up a copy of this game tomarrow when it launches? There is a midnight release for anyone that pre-ordered tonight. I've been super stoked for this game for a long time . it looks epic . Though its a vast first person shooter with some rpg elements the multiplayer aspect is going to be vehicle combat .. racing and whatnot. If you guys havnt checked it out .. well - you should.
Let me know if any of you are picking it up too so we can smash online .

Iv heard a couple people say it reminds them of fallout and borderlands but thats crack talk this game looks lightyears better and more eclectic then those titles.

OH **PS On xbox 360 the game is going to be on 3 discs (1 stuffed blue ray for ps3) so in other words the game is HUGE if anyone wants to dive into something for a while till mw3 comes out

I am going to wait a few days since there hasn't been any discussion on the RPG specification (Leveling, Exp, Stats, etc). Looks great and has a ton of options for ammo. I do hope it plays like Borderlands.

AznStanger3v

King of the LOL
Established Member
It didn't look very appealing to me. I'll wait and hear what the verdict is. I'm counting down to Arkham City. Hoooooooly shit this game is going to be epic!

Schlangenbisse

Established Member
The game took 7 years to make... I preordered it from Amazon. It'll be waiting for me in the mail when I get home later!

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member
have been watching a few trailers for it, but am not ready to buy it just yet. still playing GoW 3 and STO at the moment. then it will be arkham city and ToR. i always have at least one game and one MMO.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
The game is getting absolutely crappy reviews and the PC version has texture and graphical problems. Wait until it hits the bargain bin before buying this one guys.

U.M.

blackbolt2003

Established Member
I'm really disappointed in this game after reading the IGN review. The single player campaign only takes 10-12 hours. How can it take 7 years to develop a game and only 10 hours to defeat?

I'm not wowed by the latest graphics engines anymore either...I'm really sick of these developers putting out the same games over and over with slightly better graphics and weapons.

The Piper

Direction To Perfection
Established Member
I have been reading the reviews as well. Most say the game is the best looking FPS (Even with all the graphic issues) of all time, however it lacks everywhere else (i.e. story sucks, to linear, short game, etc)

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
The game is getting absolutely crappy reviews and the PC version has texture and graphical problems. Wait until it hits the bargain bin before buying this one guys.

Ugghhh nooo! You've got to be shitting me.
I was really looking forward to this game on the PC too.

Damnit. :fm:

The video demo I saw sure looked good though.

OU812

Established Member
A buddy of mine picked it up today and I played it at his place for about an hour or so, I wasn't impressed.....then again, none of the new games out have been really impressive so far. I'm starting to get burnt out on shooters though, that may have a little to do with it.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
My copy finally arrived yesterday, so I installed and played it for a while (PC version).

At first, my impression was not so good. The graphics looked good, but I was getting lousy frame rates at about 30 fps and there were strange anomalies. Turns out this was caused by the fact that the game doesn't work with an SLI video card setup very well. Once I created a profile to run the game on one video card, it was just fine. In fact, my average GPU utilization with this game is about 15% which is hardly anything (nVidia GTX 580). The game maintains a rock solid 60 fps and I noticed it uses OpenGL instead of D3D.

With only 15% GPU utilization and having the graphics looking as good as they do is truly impressive. For those of you who have older, slower computers with old graphics cards, this game will probably perform very well.

Game play wise, I think it's very good so far. Controls work well and are fluid. The game play is pretty much like Borderlands IMO, except with MUCH, much better graphics.

I've only played the game for a short time, but so far I'd say that it's worth getting, especially the PC version since it runs so well and looks great.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Saw this posted over on the HardOCP forums. Pretty sad actually, but what do expect from a game designed primarily for consoles and then poorly ported to PC.

U.M.

UoJ0r.jpg

BlueSnake01

Established Member
A buddy of mine picked it up today and I played it at his place for about an hour or so, I wasn't impressed.....then again, none of the new games out have been really impressive so far. I'm starting to get burnt out on shooters though, that may have a little to do with it.
Not sure if you ever played the Uncharted series or Mass Effect, in case you haven't, I would highly recommended both series. They are more than you're avg. Shoot em up games. But I agree though, new shooting games feel repetitive.

djsKS93

meh.
Established Member

Have you played the newest Fallout games? Far enough removed from your shoot em up games to keep it interesting, and the storylines and quests are fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread