Raleigh Area?

King Cobra 2001

Smokin' Tires Year Round
Established Member
Anyone out there in SVTPerformance land living near by in NC? I've just been relocated out here from Colorado for my job. I'll be heading back to Colorado this weekend and will be driving my Cobra out here starting on May 1. Was wondering if anyone around this area wants to cruise around for a bit or maybe hang out and grab a beer or two somewhere sometime in the near future. I'm new to the area, and do not know anybody out here or the good places to hang out. Anyone want a free beer? Give me a PM. Also, any input about where the good spots in Raleigh to hang out are would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
I work in Raleigh and live east of I-95 in Pine Level. There are a BUNCH of Mustang-folk around here! If you haven't found them yet, the guys at Heart of Carolina Mustang Club (HCMC) are a great group with varied interests. Here is a link to their forums (http://www.hcmcstangs.com/forums/index.php)

Another spot on the web where a bunch of folks lurk and post is on Horsepower Junkies site (www.horsepowerjunkies.com). You'll find a little bit of everything there!

Also, You are right down the road (around 3 hrs) from Myrtle Beach, SC and Mustang Week is a little less than 3 months away!!

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
Yeah man....if you like cruzin and street racin...

Fayetteville, is about 1 hr from you, and there is a hell of alot of street racin there.....although there is alot of ricers too....almost every fri/sat night

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
there are several SVT Cobra Mustang Club (SCMC) members that live in the Raleigh area. We are going to be go karting at Rush Hour Karting in Garner on June 10. You should come by and meet us, and race some fast karts. We have a show in October, in Lillington. That is close by.

King Cobra 2001

Smokin' Tires Year Round
Established Member
Thanks for the reply folks. I just got in last night after an 1800 mile trip in the Cobra from Colorado. Saw lots of nice country side along the way. I truly appreciate the responses. I was definitely planning on Myrtle Beach, but carting on the 10th sounds fun. Perhaps I'll go. Look forward to bumping into some of you in the future.

So far I'm pretty impressed with how many stangs are around here. Tons more than Colorado. Majority of them are V6s though. I have yet to see another Cobra......is it just that everyone brings them out on the weekends or something? That wouldn't surprise me. I think my Cobra will be turning into a garage queen sometime in the very near future....

As far as Fayetteville goes, street racing is not my scene. I'd rather bring it to the strip. Any good places to go around here for that? I was also wondering about good performance shops, dynos, car detailers, etc. Would anyone know where i can get the faux suede cleaned up in my seats? I know I'm not supposed to steam clean them, so i was wondering if theres some place out around here that could help me.

Its nice to be in a new area. I'm liking NC more and more every day. Boy how I miss Colorado though. If you ahve never been, you should check it out. Such nice mountains....

Thanks
-Dan

DaleM

Sebring SVTOA
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
You have Mustang Week coming up in July at Myrtle Beach too. You got to do it once. It is the Mustang Hajj.

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
Being a geologist and having spent extended time in Colorado (Gunnison, Crested Butte, Durango, Ouray, etc) I agree with you. I'd love living there myself.

The Raleigh area has always had a strong Mustang base. Check out the events pages on HCMC's site or HPJ's site. Also, Fayetteville Motorsports Park is one of the better 1/4 mile tracks close to us. Remember, you are also about 1.5 hrs from Virginia International Raceway (VIR) roadcourse!

Here's a link to HCMC's proposed club events calendar. http://www.hcmcstangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12

Don't miss the cruise-ins at Char Grill in Garner as well!

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
There is a Mustang and Ford show in Wilson (30 minutes east of Raleigh) this weekend. Details on HCMS's site. I think some of them are cruising down together. I have cleanup day at our local pool tomorrow, so I won't be able to go.

Users who are viewing this thread