Ram Powergrip HD

red 04

sick 04
Established Member
me and my buddie just put in the new clutch today and it is tight. i havent had a chance to really get on it because of break in. but it grips verry good. it doesnt chatter bad at all. its lighter than stock and feels great. i cant wait to get it broken in and go to the track. i recomend it to anyone looking to get a new clutch.

lucafu1

Established Member
i got one and it chatters bad. wait till it gets hot in city traffic its kinda annoying. but it does hold like a mofo!

NY04snake

track rat
Established Member
150+ passes w/6K dumps. you will like it and it doesn't chatter, cept on hills, once you get the knack. they can keep the CF stuff, the RAM HD-T 26 tooth is the chit!

red 04

sick 04
Established Member
ya i am just pissed off about breaking it in i cant wait to get on it again. do you know of any certain time period or miles to break in. the performance shop i bought it from said to drive normal for 400 - 500 miles. how well does it hold those 6000 drops?

lucafu1

Established Member
you've probly always used a organic material type clutch, so yes those do require a 500 mile break in.

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
very good info...got one on mine as well and it chatters...doesnt bother me too much except when im paying attention to it.

NY04snake

track rat
Established Member
the powergrip HD needs a 500 mi break in. I went 700 before the track and have been assaulting it like a looter ever since. The break in is an inconvienence for sure, but well worth it because once you get it behind you there is NO launch it can't handle, you will break something else before smokin that clutch.

Steel City

Banned
ram is a great clutch, you'll love it! if a high horse power clutch doesn't chatter a little it's not working. i didn't break mine in and made several 6-7k dumps with over 500rwtq.

red 04

sick 04
Established Member
i called ram clutches directly and spoke to their tecnical support and they said that there is no break in required they said that i could have gone to the track the day i put it in if i wanted

lucafu1

Established Member
Yup glad you found out for yourself. Some people are just set in there ways though so all I can do is pass on info. Its up to them on what they do. You can waste 500miles and break it in or you can go drive it like you stole it with no worries. If you do get the clutch let us know how you like it.
Everytime it chatters I just think about how hard it grips and I feel better.

Users who are viewing this thread