Ram Trucks

96COBRAvert/

NorCalSVTOA
Established Member
I have a 06 Dodge Ram Hemi and I love the hell out of it. (To the haters of non fords) If you have never owned a Ram, I dont know how you have an opinion about them. I have had zero trouble with it and always get compliments with it. TRUE resale value is not the best but that also means you can get a really good deal on a used one. I have had 3 Rams and would not hesitate to buy one again. IMO I dont really like the new body style of the new rams but the Ford just looks dated IMO. Only thing better than having a Mustang, is having a truck when you need to move stuff. Good lu

FstRyde03

10th Anniv. Convertible
Established Member
You know what does drive me nuts is almost every F-150 in the Sacramento area that's 4 door only has the damn useless short 5.5ft. bed, I guess that's what someone was saying about a family car with a bed.

jenkins_1120

Established Member
i have a 07 ram qc 4x4 (mods in sig) i love it had it for about a year and a half. it only had 30k on it when i got it has like 43 on it now. i would highly recommend a ram and as for options id be sure to get a lsd

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
545 is a pretty good tranny except for 2nd prime. Stupid kick down gear is the death of it.

Their new one is supposed to be much better.

That trans always feels sloppy to me. The gear spacing is something out of the 90s.

You know what does drive me nuts is almost every F-150 in the Sacramento area that's 4 door only has the damn useless short 5.5ft. bed, I guess that's what someone was saying about a family car with a bed.

You can get them with the standard length bed if you want.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
It's basically a 3 speed with 2 over drivers in ratio's.

and A superchips tune will clean the shifts up nicely.

That's the thing about it. The 3 lower gears make it feel like you're driving a truck from the 90s. The span from 1-2 is just too big. When they get the 8spd they've been talking about in it the things will be a lot better for them.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I've had them all over the years and am a firm believer that you can't go wrong with any of the trucks from the big 3.

They all have their strong/weak points.

JMO,
Chevy 1/2 ton feels sluggish when towing but rides great and MPG is better.
Ford looks great and best interior, strong motors and driveline.
Dodge Tows good, looks good, worst MPG but cheapest.
I could go on but that sums it up.

Right now I have a Dodge but it is a 3500 with the Cummins.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I havent like Rams since Chrylser left DODGE off the name.

Guess Im all Ford now. I still own a DODGE Ram, call me old fashioned but I dont like the name change. I wont buy a Ram only named product. Ram isn't a damned OEM.

His Grace

Genesis 1:31
Established Member
I love my 2011 Silverado. Don't have many complaints about it. D.O.D. is awesome. I'm getting 17+ mpg average on 87 octane. Your only option left on the table is a dodge. You don't like GM, can't afford a Toyota or F150, so go get your dodge then! Only option available.

I have to agree. I have had several chevys and have never had a compliant. I have owned all three name brand trucks ( dodge, chevy,ford) and chevy has best mpg and comfort.

Enviado desde mi SCH-I510 usando Tapatalk

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Knock on wood, been really happy with my '08 Ram 1500, the redesigned 4.7L is pretty stout (for my needs anyway, just typical homeowner/weekend duty).

mach1033

Established Member
I leased an 08 laramie and zero issues. I handed that in and I just purchased a 12 loaded RAM and the interior looks great. Seats are very comfortable, I happen to like the aggressive front nose and hood. They also offered me 4% interest so my payments are with in my budget. Ford wanted 5k more for the same truck option wise.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
well, if you want a standard tranny, Dodge(Ram) is the only one available.. (in the 2500 and 3500) behind the diesel engine.. probably not your cup of tea, but...

Laffs

Drop-da-top
Established Member
2006 Ram 1500 Laramie QC here. Absolutely love my truck, and I originally wanted a f150 when I was shopping but feel in love with the ram. Gas mileage isnt great even with the MDS (I'm levelled wth 35's tho, no tune YET) but its comfortable, the laramies got all the toys (heated, power, leather, stereo etc) and I've pulled a 28ft enclosed with my Mustang in it and the truck handled it like a champ.

I will say the way it shifted seemed odd to me at first but now I dont even notice and it just does its thing. Only other complaints are the cheap steering wheel materials and the fact that the IFS gets vibrations if you level them. I can live with that though.

So impressed with this truck, deff going to going to a 2500 Cummins Diesel Ram next round.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
If your gonna use it as a work truck don't get a dodge IMO. Ford or Chevy

This.

I would consider the Ford over the Chevy, though. Not just because this is a Ford site, but I actually worked around Ford trucks for some time and they really are impressive, and easily leading the pack on pretty much every front.

Five-ohh-Love

Established Member
Id take a Ford. The extra price on them is worth it in my opinion. Gm makes a great truck but i think the interior is soo blahh and boring. The tundra is the absolute uglyest truck period and i lol everytime i see TRD. And like said before, Dodge just isnt the same anymore. Good trucks but i cant find any reason to get them over the F150s besides for price. The whole motor line-up alone on the F150 is just awesome enough :beer:
But again thats just my opinion.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
When I was shopping for a truck in '08 I ended up with a Silverado. I got an offer I couldn't refuse and I saved a ton of money over a comparable Ford. My first choice was a Ford but they couldn't come anywhere near the price. That was of course before all the engine and tranny options available now. I haven't had any issues at all with my truck but my next one will probably be a Ford unless GM steps it up.

Equalbracket

Established Member
I bought an 11 hemi, and by mistake didn't really check out the backseat all to well, just picked it out and bought it. Well they make two models, one has 5.5 inches less rear cab room. I kept it about 6 months before I couldnt stand anymore, having to scoot my seat up to fit someone in the back...so I traded for a 11 f-150 eco boost lariat. Different models but the ride and electronics are better in the ford, the steering as well, but i still dont like the way the fords look.

Loved the dodge tho, but don't buy the quadcab.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
IMO, that is old news.

Not many are having issues lately.

Just like the diesels, My 05 which some will say has a weak Auto tows 16,000+ pretty oftenand never had an issue.

Didnt they fix the transmission issues in 2002? Or was it the next model year?

Users who are viewing this thread