Ran a 2013 SRT 392 Today

G-Mann

Established Member
All I wanted was an Arby's roast beef sandwich for lunch and I ended up eating a SRT392.

Waiting for the light to turn green I see a blue Charger flying up on me in my rear view. The light turns green and a freaking Chyrsler 200 jumps on it and I was like WTH and quickly put the 200 in its place but here comes the Charger zooming by me which is when I notice the SRT 392 tag and I'm getting pretty darn excited at this point. He slows down a bit and I speed up a bit so were rolling at about 50 - 60ish dead even and he nails it. I drop the 5.0 into 4th gear and walked away from him all the way through 4th and still pulling on him as I hit 5th for a few seconds and then had to slow my roll. But I sent a clear message that the 5.0 would have kept pulling away.

I ran behind a SRT 392 one other time I did not go all out to stay on his azz but I did feel like my 5.0 needed a bit more umph in the upper rpm range so I added the boss intake. The car freaking pulls hard now all the way through the band.

I don't come across that many cars that are worthy so I was very excited to come across a SRT 392 that wanted to play and of course very pleased with how easily the 5.0 walked it.

2 years and 33k miles and the 5.0 still is an amazing car.

Last edited:

OneSlowV

Established Member
Sounds right for your mods. Good race id like to see him with the same bolt ons.

kaz109

Established Member
I haven't had arby's in YEARS!!!!!!! How was it?? Oh yea good kill lol..I tested one when I was looking for a daily and I just didn't care for it. I love the look of the SRT8 but don't like the trans .

NEMES1S

Established Member
I haven't had arby's in YEARS!!!!!!! How was it?? Oh yea good kill lol..I tested one when I was looking for a daily and I just didn't care for it. I love the look of the SRT8 but don't like the trans .

The NAG1 is pretty sloppy in those cars. I would have loved to have that 6speed from the challenger in my Charger.

OneSlowV

Established Member
The A5s have the best track times. The tr6060 is alot better than the getrag 6spd in the 5.0s. But i see you have the 7spd amg i see why you say the tranny isn't any good lol.

kaz109

Established Member
The A5s have the best track times. The tr6060 is alot better than the getrag 6spd in the 5.0s. But i see you have the 7spd amg i see why you say the tranny isn't any good lol.

I am not just saying that because I have a " AMG and it is better than a dodge" statement if that is what you are implying ( can't tell if u were being sarcastic or not) in fact the 5sp trans in the srt8 is the same in the older V12 AMG cars. It is a solid trans and I didn't mean to put it down if that is how it came out. I just meant I personally didn't care for the speed of the up and down shifts .

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
So wait a minute.........am i the only one that finds it strange that you were at a 50-60 roll, started in 4th and still managed to pull the charger?? Shouldnt you have been in 3rd?

72SBC

Established Member
These 5.0 stories are pretty funny. When's the last time a new 5.0 lost on here?

oneslo5.0

Established Member
5.0 losing? Nobody talks about that
I got drug around by a ported, full bolt on cobra yesterday.....

OP stock for stock form a 40 roll I put a car on a 392, he came back swinging at 120ish and put a car on me and we shut down.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
These 5.0 stories are pretty funny. When's the last time a new 5.0 lost on here?

Those r which we do not speak of... ;-)

I haven't been thrown a beating yet... There is a pretty nasty sounding c6 vette running around my house. Maybe he will break my spirits :-D

G-Mann

Established Member
So wait a minute.........am i the only one that finds it strange that you were at a 50-60 roll, started in 4th and still managed to pull the charger?? Shouldnt you have been in 3rd?

I was guesstimating I never really looked but yeah I think we might have already been going a bit faster. Not even sure what speed I was at when I shut her down

Good kills , how do you think you have faired if you were stock?

Stock I think we would have been pretty even until the upper ranges of the rpm band. Before I added the Boss IM and was running behind one I did think it would have pulled on me in the upper rpm range. The Boss IM was the icing on the cake with my mods and of course the proper tune. Still managed 388.4 rwtq and with my LT's it is all there at 3500 rpms

5.0 losing? Nobody talks about that

lol going to have to fo FI when that happens. Got all the low hanging fruit I can get out of her.

Last edited:

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member

never /thread

ive been raped by 2 c5ZO6 and an M5....and a carrera the other night actually

I agree 50-60 roll should have been in 3rd FOR SURE good kill op

Users who are viewing this thread