Ran a new best!!

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Sorry...with the high compression, "Hensler Racing ported intake", and the other mods I expected you to run faster. What is the alt at the track?

4valve98

98 vert 4 valve
Established Member
Thanks guys,I have to try and get the videos downloaded.The computer is not recognizing the camcorder when I plug it in.

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
Get that 60' down. You got another tenth in it. 114 is plenty of mph for an 11 sec pass. What was the DA? Not bad for a heavy vert. -Mark

4valve98

98 vert 4 valve
Established Member
Yeah ,I was trying to find the sweet spot to launch at but it would spin a little then go not much.But I also was not power shifting the new tranny yet.I was a lottle leary after blowing out the stocker.

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
lancaster, PA

Everytime I read your posts, I think lancaster, CA where the track sucks arse and no one can run any good times.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
I'd say you are VERY close to maxing out your ET with given power levels. Nice job my friend.

I'm not sure what the 2nd poster is talking about.

Nazman

Established Member
I would not call it "high compresion" motor. Its <1 point higher CR than stock. The basic rule of thumb is a gain of 3% power per point of CR increase.

Also, a "build motor" (forged iternals) will not necesarly (SP?) make more power than a "stock internals" motor.

He list a ported intake, which is no more than just that, a ported intake. :shrug: 01 heads/cams, I assume stock heads and most of the comon bolt-ons. So, IMO he is making ~the power he should be making....:shrug:

I say his MPH is good for his weight and power levels.

Coments?

Naz

Mr Patience

Canadian Eh!
Established Member
Nice times :rockon: Looks about right to me for that hp, weight and 60. I ran very similar times (12.15 @ 113 1.61 60') with 300 rwhp and bit less weight.

Last edited:

01BlueCobraVert

Established Member
A 3390 lb convertible with stock 01 heads,cams,throttle body.Plus I have a iron block,and a 6 point cage.
60'1.63
1/[email protected]
1/[email protected]
Let me know what you think.

Nice run man. I got to see a few of them. It was great to meet a fellow member and thanks again for the pressure gauge. My best was a 13.3 @ 106 w/ a 2.0 60ft. work in progress LOL

jbsnake

Established Member
lancaster, PA

Everytime I read your posts, I think lancaster, CA where the track sucks arse and no one can run any good times.

That track actually closed last year.:( Even though it may have not been the best, it was damn close and the only one around that had "run what ya brung" twice a week.

Users who are viewing this thread