Ran an 03' Cobra

bigslim

Established Member
Heading for work today I happened upon an 03' Grey droptop Cobra. In it was a guy and his girlfriend or wife. We stopped at a light and I knew I wanted to get in his lane at the next light due to traffic. Light changed and I shot off. He didn't want to let me over but he had no chance of stopping me since I got the jump on him. He tried his best to catch up to me in traffic. Finally when he did I waited for him. We were at about a 40 rolled and we both hit it. We were dead even and he shut it down. This happened again and once again he shut it down. He could not believe this big four door was keeping pace with me. He then hit a turn around in the street and I waved with no response from him. I guess he was a little bit bitter. Oh well!!!! :pepper: :banana:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
bigslim said:
Heading for work today I happened upon an 03' Grey droptop Cobra. In it was a guy and his girlfriend or wife. We stopped at a light and I knew I wanted to get in his lane at the next light due to traffic. Light changed and I shot off. He didn't want to let me over but he had no chance of stopping me since I got the jump on him. He tried his best to catch up to me in traffic. Finally when he did I waited for him. We were at about a 40 rolled and we both hit it. We were dead even and he shut it down. This happened again and once again he shut it down. He could not believe this big four door was keeping pace with me. He then hit a turn around in the street and I waved with no response from him. I guess he was a little bit bitter. Oh well!!!! :pepper: :banana:

Nice kill, there is a black one running around my area. How much do those M's weigh?

97 slowbra

Banned
00blacksvtl said:
4.6 4v if its the stock motor
Yeah the only thing that makes me wonder is how the throttle body and intake is like that of a lightning..The 03/04 cobras is on the opposite side..But it looks like it has 4.6 4valve heads

Last edited by a moderator:

DrZacharyus

Banned
its like that because its a kit, not stock and it probably uses the stock lightning plenium or however you spell it and throttle body or they could just choose to route it that way * kinda looks like there is stuff in the way on the left side of the hood

bigslim

Established Member
DrZacharyus said:
is that a eaton or is that a twin screw in disguise?
That is an Eaton M112. The same as the one on the Cobra. It is a kit made by Trilogy Motorsports. They have one for the new F-150 and they are finishing the one for the new 3V Mustang GT.

04Chris

Chicane straightner
Established Member
Bigslim and jstevens, you guys would have liked to go the the Bradenton drag strip near me this past saturday. There was about 8 Merc's there with various mods. The highlights were a silver one with a procharger, a black one with spray and a black one with the Trilogy supercharger kit. That is a very nicely set-up kit. It looked like it uses the same intercooler from the 03/04 cobra mounted near the top of the radiator. The procharged one and the spray one were both in the mid 13's @ around 106-108mph.

I got a chance to run the black one with the Trilogy blower. I don't know what he ran, i couldn't find him after to ask him, but that thing was pretty quick. My car is set-up with road race suspension and chassis pieces but i have the typical power bolt-ons. I have a Steeda cai, Steeda 2.8 upper, Steeda tensioner, Denso plugs, Diablo chip, Bassani mid-lengths, Bassani x-pipe, and Bassani cat-back. When i ran him, my pass was [email protected] and he was maybe 1.5 cars back. I had to catch him because he got a good jump on me at the light . As i shifted from 1st to 2nd he was about a fender in front. He had dr's and i only have the regular nitto 555's. I thought all the Merc's there were bad ass though.

Here's to the bad-ass 4-doors :beer:

bigslim

Established Member
04Chris said:
Bigslim and jstevens, you guys would have liked to go the the Bradenton drag strip near me this past saturday. There was about 8 Merc's there with various mods. The highlights were a silver one with a procharger, a black one with spray and a black one with the Trilogy supercharger kit. That is a very nicely set-up kit. It looked like it uses the same intercooler from the 03/04 cobra mounted near the top of the radiator. The procharged one and the spray one were both in the mid 13's @ around 106-108mph.

I got a chance to run the black one with the Trilogy blower. I don't know what he ran, i couldn't find him after to ask him, but that thing was pretty quick. My car is set-up with road race suspension and chassis pieces but i have the typical power bolt-ons. I have a Steeda cai, Steeda 2.8 upper, Steeda tensioner, Denso plugs, Diablo chip, Bassani mid-lengths, Bassani x-pipe, and Bassani cat-back. When i ran him, my pass was [email protected] and he was maybe 1.5 cars back. I had to catch him because he got a good jump on me at the light . As i shifted from 1st to 2nd he was about a fender in front. He had dr's and i only have the regular nitto 555's. I thought all the Merc's there were bad ass though.

Here's to the bad-ass 4-doors :beer:
If you go to the Ford GT section here you will see that we a few Marauders that beat a Ford GT at Milan two weeks ago. One of our guys ran an 11.53 and an 11.62. The other one ran an 11.9 and an 11.8. We have one here in the Motor City that ran an 11.21 in Joliet this summer at a NHRA event. We have been invited to once again join the SVT guys at Ford for another race day at Milan next spring.

bigslim

Established Member
jstevens said:
And its fast as Sh!t.

Hey slim, I'm having Lidio do me a 100 shot of Nos. Should be alot of fun afterwards. Next mod will be widened rims.
We will have to line up after you get that done. Should be fun for you getting new power.

04Chris

Chicane straightner
Established Member
bigslim said:
If you go to the Ford GT section here you will see that we a few Marauders that beat a Ford GT at Milan two weeks ago. One of our guys ran an 11.53 and an 11.62. The other one ran an 11.9 and an 11.8. We have one here in the Motor City that ran an 11.21 in Joliet this summer at a NHRA event. We have been invited to once again join the SVT guys at Ford for another race day at Milan next spring.

Damn..that's haulin ass! I like seeing the Merc's, or any sleeper for that matter, put a hurtin' on unsuspecting people! Kudo's to all the fast Merc's out there. It's just a nice ride all around. :beer:

bigslim

Established Member
04Chris said:
Damn..that's haulin ass! I like seeing the Merc's, or any sleeper for that matter, put a hurtin' on unsuspecting people! Kudo's to all the fast Merc's out there. It's just a nice ride all around. :beer:
There is a link to the videos I took of the Marauders beating the GT. It is in the Ford GT forum also.

Users who are viewing this thread