Ran JDM's 75hp Dry Shot NOS Program For The First Time Last Night!!

HANKFAN

Established Member
Last night I got off work early and instead of going home I decided to go to a long stretch of highway and try out my 75hp NOS Dry system for the first time. I was wanting to run it the first time at the track but after talking with Spiro I couldn't wait any longer. I was running my F-1's and activated it as soon as the truck shifted into 2nd gear. All I can say is that it felt AWESOME!! I couldn't believe how hard a 75hp shot would push me back into the seat! As soon as the nitrous activated the tires barked slightly and it was simply gone. It was like a whole new truck. I was using the JDM nitrous program with 93 octane. There was no pinging whatsoever. The motor just pulled like hell and after the initial burst it was smooth all the way to 115 mph. I have to admit that I was a little worried that I might blow my motor by running nitrous with the blower but when Jim took 1 1/2 - 2 hours of his time to expalin exactly what he changes in the L's programs to compenstate for the nitrous, I no longer have any fears. Thanks Jim!!!!

FlaSVT

Moderator - 2nd Gen Forum
Established Member
HANKFAN - Where/how are you putting the NOS into the intake? I know at one time there was talk about a plate behind the TB. Is that what you went with?

Last edited:

HANKFAN

Established Member
FlaSvt- I just put the nozzle in the rubber boot right before the throttle body. The rubber is plenty thick enough for a good mount!

HANKFAN

Established Member
Sal is currently selling the billet plates that goes in between the throttle body and intake. I see no real difference between using the plate or just putting the nozzle in the rubber boot except for saving $75.00.

HANKFAN

Established Member
I put it about 4 inches in front of the throttle body so that it will spray directly into the throttle body. The closer to the throttle body the better!!

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Are any of you mounting the bottle behind the seat, INSIDE the cab by removing the storage bin?

I really don't like the idea of drilling holes in the bed.

HANKFAN

Established Member
HAMMRHEAD- That is exactly where I put mine. I took out the storage bin and but a piece of plywood under the carpet to mount the bottle to. There is a small rubber plug in the corner of the cab to run all the lines under the truck to the engine compartment so you don't have to drill any holes (May help later with any warrenty concerns). Putting the bottle behind the seats does lose you any leg room. There is enough room for the bottle even with the seat all the way back. Also it allows you to turn the bottle off and on without getting out of the truck (really handy for those unexpected street races!! :p

99BlackBolt

Established Member
Mine sits in a bag so it looks like it could be dirty clothes in there... People can't even find the lines with my nitrous setup because it is almost a cheater setup...The power runs off the cigarette lighter... Once everything is installed i will put the nos back in and take her to the track for some new #'s...

Later, Justin

Users who are viewing this thread