Ran my car for the first time

FuzzyDiceRule

Established Member
I went down to qualcomm Race Legal, which for those who dont know, is a local venue that trys to cut down on street racing with a track in the parkinglot of qualcomm stadium, thusly, traction is a MAJOR problem, especially for cars with street tires... Me and my friend went down there and teched and i entered in the modified class, wildly overestimating the traction (modified is 7.50-8.99, Pro=9.0-9.99, stock=10.00+) needless to say i was surprised/disappointed/angry when i ran, spun through 3rd and got a 10.3, lmao took me 4 runs and realizing i did in fact need to do a burnout to get more traction to break out of the 10's, and i ended the night with a 9.4 at 80mph. Not a terrible time for my first time out, spinning first and part of second, and letting off, lol...

anywho, anybody have any tips for getting more traction? i need to work on my R/T but at this point, my 60ft is killing me. My best/last run was a 9.434 @80.79mph with a 2.452 short time and a .613 R/T up until then i had been dodging the water and running with no burnout, but that last run i went through the water and did a 1/4 throttle burnout until i caught, and that seemed to be the trick, and i spun first, short shifted to second, and barely let off when that started to spin and got on it when i had traction. So yeah, any tips on breaking into the 8's on street tires, or is it not gonna happen?

Im running 275/40r17 BFG Gforce sports on 17x9 wheels (not the best for forward grip...)

i made 6 or 7 runs, im missing one of the slips, but heres my progression, lol
1st was a 10.366@75 with a 2.7 short (1st run, right lane, couldnt go around water and did a burnout. spun horribly and let off, i think i let off before the traps as well)
2nd was a 10.0 @ 79 with a 2.8 short (once again, spinning,)
3rd was a 10.3 (cant find slip, beat a caliber who had a better ET
4th was something against a blown nova, he raped me
5th was against my buddies S/C Civic Si (posted pics a while back) i ran 9.8@ 78 with a 2.5 short to his 10.6 (he was having just as much trouble hooking, but up until then was getting better ET's and 60fts than me
6th was against a STOCK 4 eye notch on DR's (he had an airbox and stock exhaust) i ran a 9.696 @79 with a 2.5 shot to his 8.3, he embarassed me, lol
and my last run was the 9.4 against my friends starion (pics in the same one as the civic, lol) this run i actually did a burnout and got decent traction, won to his 10.3 (he was actually hooking...)

all in all, i had lots of fun raping my tires >_<

Last edited:

FuzzyDiceRule

Established Member
lmao, i know, i had to explain that to someone while i was there, lol

will slipping my clutch really help that much, ive got a 6 puck Zoom clutch, and im not really ready to go out and buy a new clutch any time soon... or is it the kind of thing where it doesnt really matter cause its only slipping for a few seconds?

Olive86TSi

Established Member
wtf is a starion?

A car made by Mitsubishi from 83-89.....

Two of the ones I currently have... third one in the back belongs to the roommate..
Kids.jpg

Last edited:

mrbigjeep

Established Member
lmao, i know, i had to explain that to someone while i was there, lol

will slipping my clutch really help that much, ive got a 6 puck Zoom clutch, and im not really ready to go out and buy a new clutch any time soon... or is it the kind of thing where it doesnt really matter cause its only slipping for a few seconds?

i've yet to have a problem and it seems to work ok for most

FuzzyDiceRule

Established Member
kk, ill try that next time, but then again ill hopefully have some DRs soon anyway, lmao

yeah he ran a 10.3, however that wasnt his best run, i think he ran like a 10.1, he was getting decent traction, his car just never runs right, and i think it was breaking up about 4500-5000 on his last few runs, he wants to do a multiport and build up his old motor and get some better power out of it though.

VictorySong

Established Member
Not terrible for an unprepped track.

How do you like the G-force tires for cruising? I want to replace my hankooks:xpl: that make so much road noise I can't even listen to my radio.

Users who are viewing this thread