RAN OVER A BIRD

94svt5.0

Established Member
This is my first time in this forum, and it is awsome. I bought my 1994 cobra about 3 months ago and have had plenty of imports pulling up at stop lights, reving up and wanting to race, but it was always in the middle of town. And trust me i know what rapid acceleration from two stop lights over 50 mph in traffic means. (another story for another day). Anyways i was on a rural 4 lane road and caught a traffic light. And along came a newer model firebird. I do know it was a v8, and it wasnt a ram air. That is about all i know about it. Well, the light changed and i knew he was going to punch it by the way he was creeping up. We both shot out at green bumper to bumper. I pulled half a car lenght ahead grabbed second, chirping the tires and pulled a car length ahead, then hit 3rd and at that we both backed off. He then slowly backed off as we returned to legal speeds. Well it was the first bagged game for my cobra.
So how many kinds of firebirds are there ? What kind of power do they make?
my cobra has a couple of basic mods
-MAC cold air induction
-Superchips power chip
-Off road H pipe

tms217

Established Member
Some of the non-Ram air birds make 305 HP. Depending what year it is. 1997 V-8 made 285. 1994 made 275. The sign is the exhaust tone. the v-6 has 200 hp.

94svt5.0

Established Member
nah, its not one of the indy cars, most of those are never driven and spend most of their time stored in garages. My cobra is crytsal white.

94svt5.0

Established Member
I will be sure to check it out, There pretty awsome cars. Its cool some people get them out and drive them.

LLoverCrazyJay

SVT Lightning Pimp
Established Member
The 93 whoops it's ass, it has a cam and they both have off road h pipes.. the indy has a vortech supercharger, i think he's gonna get different exhaust and a 5.0 shifter for the indy cus it ain't runnin the best, the 93 already has the 5.0 and runs great

Jimmy Riffe

Established Member
:read:The newer firebird ram airs( LS1) have 325 stock, but the firehawks have like 335, if it had the nostrils or whatever you wanna call them, it has 325, nice kill by the way! :bash:

94svt5.0

Established Member
the cumbersome creature had nostrals but i dont think they were functional ram air units. But by the double duel exhaust and the roar of its engine i do believe it was definitely a v8

Users who are viewing this thread