Just bought it 2 weeks ago
Stock 275 tires
Defiantly heat soaked

Mods in Sig
2.038 60 ft
7.93 1/8
12.215 1/4
116.8 mph

First time down the track with the car ever, no suspension mods either.

Happy with the results and have a lot to look forward to :beer:

mach1033

Established Member
pretty good.....after my frist trip i decided im never going back lol.....yes, time in sig

Ha ha look at my time. Now this time was when I first bought the car I didn't yet have drag radials and ran it with street tires. Wheel hopped like a mofo and never gained real traction until I hit third.

Ddawg18

Established Member
Ha ha look at my time. Now this time was when I first bought the car I didn't yet have drag radials and ran it with street tires. Wheel hopped like a mofo and never gained real traction until I hit third.

I would much rather go to island dragway than raceway park...I am tired of the waits and the assholes there. I will be at island from now on.

I have been racing for a long time so I just used past experience and started to slip the clutch out and didn't mash the pedal. I gradually gave it gas and got no hop...
Next run I wanted a better 60 ft so I gave it more gas and it hopped like crazy so I lived and learned. Without DRs I will gradually give it gas and slip the clutch out til it grabs :beer:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

mach1033

Established Member
I would much rather go to island dragway than raceway park...I am tired of the waits and the assholes there. I will be at island from now on.

I have been racing for a long time so I just used past experience and started to slip the clutch out and didn't mash the pedal. I gradually gave it gas and got no hop...
Next run I wanted a better 60 ft so I gave it more gas and it hopped like crazy so I lived and learned. Without DRs I will gradually give it gas and slip the clutch out til it grabs :beer:

Yup that's where I ran my car. No matter what I did that day I just could not get it to hook. Big difference now though with all the mods I did. Verts need special attention as compare to coupes.

T0RCH3D

Established Member
One day I will take the cobra to island, always say I am and never take it. Guess I just don't want to run a shit time or **** up the car mechanically or cosmetically, she runs and looks like a dream! One day though haha

Ddawg18

Established Member
One day I will take the cobra to island, always say I am and never take it. Guess I just don't want to run a shit time or **** up the car mechanically or cosmetically, she runs and looks like a dream! One day though haha

I was hesitant about taking the car to the track especially because the car is in such good condition and by the looks hasn't been raced much or at all. I figured I would take it easy at the line to ensure that I wouldn't break a rear part. And if the motor blew while I was on it down the track, then shame on me for buying a car that would break so easily....:)

vr4

Established Member
Very impressive. Mine did a 12.6@118 on stock GS-D3s. Couldn't hook up at all. Heck the first night i ran it went sideways in 3rd

Users who are viewing this thread