Ran The EVO last night

j81234

Established Member
Here is my best time. 12.6 at 107 MPH with a 1.76 60' at 20PSI. It was 92 degrees and 90% humidity. Could not get the car to boost over 20 PSI. Should have been running 24-25 PSI last night. The car should be in the low 12's when things cool down a little. Saw a piss load of GTO's run. The best they could muster was a 13.6. There were six out, three had the LS2 motors. I thought those things were a little faster.

nastygt

Officially Crazy
Established Member
Yeah I'm sure if the weather was cooler you would have done better turbos don't like the heat. Also how hard is it to launch a EVO? I know some AWD cars are hard to launch. The times of the GTO's is like what I see around here also fastest one I've seen run at the local track was a 14.4.

j81234

Established Member
nastygt said:
Yeah I'm sure if the weather was cooler you would have done better turbos don't like the heat. Also how hard is it to launch a EVO? I know some AWD cars are hard to launch. The times of the GTO's is like what I see around here also fastest one I've seen run at the local track was a 14.4.

Pretty easy to launch once you get used to it. Usually I launch with a quick slip at like 4500-5000.

broeli

Established Member
Not far off what I ran with my Evo in similar conditions and the same boost. What are your mods?

j81234

Established Member
broeli said:
Not far off what I ran with my Evo in similar conditions and the same boost. What are your mods?

HKS TBE with Perrin cat delete, MBC, Drop in filter and 272/264 cams and a Power FC. I could have got in the low 12's if I would have had some more time to dial in the timing. I was showing no knock and could have advanced timing a least 10 degrees. What were your mods and times?

broeli

Established Member
[email protected] with 8.1 1/8th mile and 1.72 60'
RMR 3" downpipe, 3" MR test pipe (resonator) and 3" MR catback, mbc (20psi), K&N drop-in, Dynoflash (mail flash), and Buschur fmic.
A friend of mine with 272/264's, Buschur TBE, Emanage, Injen intake kit, and Exedy twin disc ran a [email protected] that day. I think he could have advanced his timinmg a good bit also..plus he now thinks he had problems with his bov so he put on a crushed 1g and we are going to try his Evo again this weekend.
This weekend we are also putting the following parts on my Evo: ECU+ piggyback, Zeitronix wideband, Helix intake, UR upper and lower icp, B&M shifter w/poly bushing, small battery kit, and Walbro 255lph fuel pump. Not sure my stock clutch is going to hold much longer :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread