random 95R parts identification

b4409

Established Member
First, I'm guessing the first pic show what was formerly an air inlet temp sensor?

The second pic question is: to what the two wires were originally connected? (located near the driver's side forward corner near headlight)

View attachment 4025

View attachment 4026

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvnkwy13fiU&fmt=18]YouTube - NASA at Homestead 12-14-08 Race 2-Finish[/ame]

b4409

Established Member
Oh, and the American Iron video is shot from Jeff Lindstrom's modular powered cobra running behind me at Homestead - it gets good about 6:00 or7:00 and I go door to door with another mustang while I "nurse" it with a dead battery and misfire . . . loose is fast . . .

Philcsag1

Established Member
I can not get to my 95R right now but looking at the position of those wires I think they may have been for the low coolant sensor which was not part of the 95 R package.

b4409

Established Member
I can not get to my 95R right now but looking at the position of those wires I think they may have been for the low coolant sensor which was not part of the 95 R package.

I appreciate that. I just found the wires hanging out there and am curious.

The sensor is now zip tied on the rh frame rail under the MAF/air filter area. I figured someone would be able to confirm that easily. If it's an air temp sensor, I think it would be better re-located into the fender well rather than laying in the engine compartment.

Bruce

Ruslow

Established Member
I looked at mine, I have the same cut wires.I am pretty sure those would of been part of the fog lite harness wires.As for the temp sensor it is the air sensor that screws into the adapter that is inline between the MAF and T body.Stan

Users who are viewing this thread