Random Picture Thread

SecondhandSnake

Established Member

Whoever put the one in our local park growing up must have been a sadist, or at least thought "you know what? There's too many kids running around these days. We need to fix that." The top surface was slicker than a greased up pig with even the slightest hint of moisture. The top plate hung over the outer edge just a little, and was razor sharp. But the part that really took the cake? The center pivot for it was poured into a huge cement slab that extended out beyond the platform. That meant when you inevitably get flung out from it, more than likely already bruised and bleeding, you are landing on concrete. I'm amazed they didn't wrap it in barbed wire and put it next to a rocky embankment leading down to a highway.

In fact I bet that playground equipment was sold by this guy:

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
FB_IMG_1711405218970.jpg

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
And who can forget this one? Every once in a while a dude would lose his balance and end up hard straddling a bar and getting his nuts crushed.
View attachment 1834367
We had that too and some fort that looked like it was built out of old railroad ties. I swear there were recess casualties every year, mostly broken arms and the occasional leg.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
And who can forget this one? Every once in a while a dude would lose his balance and end up hard straddling a bar and getting his nuts crushed.
View attachment 1834367

IMG_5114.jpeg

In kindergarten, Jeff P pushed me, I fell off, and landed on my noggin.
Thats my excuse why I’m so ****ed-up.

Users who are viewing this thread