Raptor in the body shop now

98slowbra

Established Member
Well I dropped of my Raptor at the body shop, I had to wait 2 months to get it in but they are replacing both doors on the passenger side and rear quarter, full new roof, new tail gate and a few other things, it will take them 25 days to fix it, the baseball hail and the 2 tornados really did the damage cause it was around $14,000 in body work so now is the waiting time. They said no way it will be PDR cause it was just to much. So when I get her back it should look like new.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
When did this happen? I remember the one posted a few months ago but it shouldn't have taken that long to get into a shop.

And they are doing door shells over skins for hail damage? What year is your truck?

98slowbra

Established Member
my truck is a 2013 and they are replacing the whole doors and skins on the rest of the truck

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
That's weird unless it is because of the upper pillar of the doors getting dented up too much. I just thought of that and that would make sense.

98slowbra

Established Member
yes the pillers are dented beyond repair so yes I posted this 2 months ago, out here in Colorado they are out to 2019 now to fix cars hail, it is that bad out here

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
yes the pillers are dented beyond repair so yes I posted this 2 months ago, out here in Colorado they are out to 2019 now to fix cars hail, it is that bad out here

I guess that makes sense too! Your truck aint the only one needing repairs after a hailstorm! Lol. We dont get disasters like that here. Summer is the busiest time for most shops believe it or not.

98slowbra

Established Member
well the hail was so bad it went through windshields and hit the people and they were admitted to the hospital it was that bad, but my raptor took the damage and I drove 100 miles home after it, I was in this for over 30 min cause there were 2 tornados by us, if it was not for the raptor I dont know what could have happened. I could not see a thing the wind was over 100 mph and it was not fun with my 18 year old daughter in the truck with me. So we made it no problem cause of the truck was built the way it is.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
well the hail was so bad it went through windshields and hit the people and they were admitted to the hospital it was that bad, but my raptor took the damage and I drove 100 miles home after it, I was in this for over 30 min cause there were 2 tornados by us, if it was not for the raptor I dont know what could have happened. I could not see a thing the wind was over 100 mph and it was not fun with my 18 year old daughter in the truck with me. So we made it no problem cause of the truck was built the way it is.

Wow! Glad you two were able to make it out of there. Vehicles can be replaced, you cant.

98slowbra

Established Member
Thanks bud, it has been hell driving that beat up truck, I just about went and bought a new one many times but this truck saved us so it has a bit a sentimental value to it, I was just worried about my baby girl and make sure she was ok, I was very calm she was freaking out, so I did what I could to make her calm but nothing worked. I mean at a point the wind moved the truck just a little bit but not much, so it was not fun.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Thanks bud, it has been hell driving that beat up truck, I just about went and bought a new one many times but this truck saved us so it has a bit a sentimental value to it, I was just worried about my baby girl and make sure she was ok, I was very calm she was freaking out, so I did what I could to make her calm but nothing worked. I mean at a point the wind moved the truck just a little bit but not much, so it was not fun.

Who knows what could have happened if it was a new Raptor being I assume a few hundred pounds lighter and while the Aluminum panels could have been more dent resistent for some of the hail and deflected it, you very possibly could have had some of the hail piercing through the panels as it is repeatedly hit causing it to weaken and tear.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I am glad you are safe. Make sure you go after the insurance company for diminished value. That is a lot of metal work and paint work.

98slowbra

Established Member
I am glad you are safe. Make sure you go after the insurance company for diminished value. That is a lot of metal work and paint work.

How would you do that? It was like $14,000 in body damage, they are replacing both passenger side doors, the whole roof that has a moon roof, back quarter panel skin, tailgate skin and just and a few more stuff, it will get repainted from the hood, the whole passenger side and tailgate, then replace the 2 stickers that are on the hood and back quarter panel.

Users who are viewing this thread