Raptor on Top Gear USA

SOCOMech

Established Member
Yeah, that was some pretty sweet footage. The dude hugging the truck at the end...seriously?

I'm guessing the only reason they picked the Hennessy version of the truck was because of the louder exhaust. And the switch he flipped was to open an electric cutout I'm guessing, because it just got louder.

Yeah, the guy hugging it and saying he wants to lick it is showing that they're trying waaaay to hard here. That, and it sounds like they read from cue cards when narrating a piece.

Another reason they needed a Raptor that had been tuned was because it's goverened to 100mph stock, they wanted to run it well past 100mph on the show......Hennessey is a big name, they're involved with the Raptor now.......yadda-yadda. The electric exhaust cut-out was probably something extra to spice it up because I haven't heard of it coming on any of their packages. Oh wait, maybe that's where Hennessey gets off charging $7k for an intake, exhaust and tune package......along with those awesome emblems of course.

Users who are viewing this thread