rare cobra??

zobes99cobra

whats the officer problem
Established Member
Hey fellas ive got a slick 99 cobra, but i would rather get a 96-98 because of the solid rear axle, and looks. At my dealership we just got a black 96 cobra in for trade. It is a 96 with 4.10 gears and a cold air induc, 37K miles. My question is the car has cloth interior. I called Ford SVT and they said only 13 were made in 96 with cloth . Does anyone else have a cobra with cloth...and if so was there any specific reason that out of 7500 cars built only 13 had cloth in 96..weird anyway thanks in advance....

01SVT2894

Established Member
actually, 13 Cobra coupes had black cloth in 1996
8 Cobra coupes had saddle cloth in 1996

...and...

7 Cobra convertibles had black cloth in 1996
3 Cobra convertibles had saddle cloth in 1996

total number of coupes = 7496
total number of convertibles = 2509

total = 10,005

Last edited:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
A friend of mine had one of the black on black cloth 96's. Last year he sold it to some kid in the next town over who ended up putting it into a ditch and totaling it.

So, there are 12 of them left now, or less.

COBRASVT

Established Member
They are spec ordered that way....

Some folks don't like leather and esp Ford leather. I'm one of those.

I always switch my Stangs out to cloth. I have the leather sitting in the basement.

zobes99cobra

Established Member
yeah this one is just am/fm with 2 speakers and cloth...I was wondering if it was anything like the mustang GTS?

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
zobes99cobra said:
yeah this one is just am/fm with 2 speakers and cloth...I was wondering if it was anything like the mustang GTS?
I may stand corrected, but I'm pretty sure all Cobras came with the Mach460 stereo system. I don't think cloth interior is going to be looked at as rare by a collector. JMO

97cobraheaven

Established Member
i think it is kinda cool, it gives it that real purist race car feel. and Hersheyman, those with cloth, or atleast the one i saw did not have the Mach stereo, definitly different than the norm.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Mine came from the factory with cloth but it had stock leather when I bought it. Only 5 Chrome Yellow 98 hardtops with cloth. Mine does have Mach 460.

zobes99cobra

Established Member
Cobra heaven my 99 has all the stuff listed in my sig. plus new Dunlop Direzza Tires and a new clutch. BTW I just live here North of Enid In Medford. Car is for sale!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread