Raspy CAI sound?

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
When I installed my Steeda CAI, I noticed a really raspy LOUD sound from about 4800rpm on up. The intake sound actually sounds louder than my kooks mufflers. Could it also be the diaphram on my sound tube? I do plan on deleting it but it really sounds like its from the CAI. Is this normal on these things?

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
I have a Steeda CAI without the sound tube. I don't get a raspy sound at any rpm.
Ditch the sound tube, It will clean up some clutter from under the hood too. Ford wasted a lot of money and engineering on that thing.

kevinp

Established Member
Yea, I had an airraid CAI on this when I first bought it and with the sound tube the intake was louder than the exhaust. At some RPM under load it was pretty annoying, deleting the sound tube got rid of all that. The CAI even without the sound could be heard over the the GT500 mufflers WOT compared to the stock air box with the windows down.

cobra1718

Established Member
I dont understand is this raspy sound actually the air going through the intake? I have a C&L intake without the sound tube and the only sound I hear is the intake air flow

Users who are viewing this thread